Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Here are some examples of excellent summary statements:
Sales representative with over five years of experience. Persuasive with excellent writing skills. Professional attitude and an endless desire to improve and learn.
Sales representative with four years of experience in the global marketplace. Self-motivated and an excellent active listener. Friendly but professional and reserved.
Sales representative with two summers’ worth of internship experience. Service oriented, socially perceptive and very skilled with Microsoft Excel. Driven to learn and help others.
• Twenty years’ experience
• Strong computer skills and patient with customers
• Socially perceptive and an aggressive negotiator
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Use short phrases; sentence fragments are acceptable.
• Try to keep your list at or less than eight skills.
• Use a table to save space and efficiently present yourself to a reader.
These are some of the skills that employers generally want in sales representatives:
• Active listening
• Reading comprehension
• Social perceptiveness
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Begin with your current or most recent job and move back chronologically.
• Be consistent with your use of months and years or just years.
• Begin every point with an affirmative word if you can.
Here are some examples of sales representative work history descriptions and achievements:
• Highest count of new clients in May 2015
• Sold products to retailers and worked closely with them to make sure brand properly represented
• 4.5 out of 5 star performance rating in 2014
• Attracted an average of three new major clients per month
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• Include all relevant seminars, training or courses that relate to your skills as a sales representative.
• Don’t list your high school diploma unless that is your highest level of education.
• List any specific coursework that you think is relevant if you didn’t finish a degree in its entirety.
Example of Education Section for Maintenance Technician:
Bachelor of Business Ñ 2016
Northern Illinois University Ñ DeKalb, IL
Courses included: finance, communications
Additional course: online marketing
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative