Use this professional created Outside Sales Representative job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
An outside sales representative’s main goal is to create a sales strategy that is effective in meeting both company and personal sales goals. Because generating leads and creating an excellent customer experience requires working closely with other team members and leaders, effective communication skills are a necessity. Applicants must also be able to submit regular sales reports using CRM software.
An outside sales representative job description should indicate that applicants with a bachelor’s degree in business or communications is preferred and that outside sales experience is required.
An excellent outside sales representative must have strong organizational skills and be willing to follow through with the accounts receivable department to ensure all invoices are paid on time.
Outside Sales Representative Job Description Template
Are you in the market for a fast-paced job that gives you the opportunity to utilize your excellent sales ability? We would love for you to join our team as an outside sales representative. In this position, you would have the opportunity to develop your own sales territory by maintaining relationships with current customers and bringing in new ones to drive business. You will be an ambassador of our company, becoming a trusted face to our customers while also adhering to company values and policy. As a member of our team, you will use your strong interpersonal skills to provide service and support to your customers as needed, which may include coordinating with other departments.
- Create and implement a sales strategy that makes sure you meet personal sales goals, as well as those set in place by the company.
- Communicate with all current and potential customers on a regular basis, providing solutions as needed, and oversee all sales activity in your assigned sales territory.
- Coordinate with other members of the sales team and team leaders as needed to generate sales and provide excellent customer service.
- Submit reports on your sales activity regularly into the company’s CRM software, and maintain clean and updated records for all leads and customers.
- Adhere to all company procedures, values and policies so that you provide an accurate representation of the company to all potential and current customers.
- Perform your duties as efficiently as possible, reducing costs when possible, and maintain receipts for all job-related expenses and submit them to accounting.
- Coordinate with the accounts receivable department to ensure that all invoices are paid in full in a timely manner by your customers.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales, preferably outside sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or a related field
- Fluent in Spanish