Insurance Agent Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Insurance Agent job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Insurance agents are at the heart of every insurance company. They are tasked with interacting with current and potential clients, both to organize and process claims and to close sales for insurance policies. Insurance agents analyze client situations and make recommendations for customizing policies. If you are trying to create a strong insurance agent job description, it is vital that you clearly capture all of an agents’ responsibilities.
The most important skills that insurance agents must hold are analytical skills. Investigating and evaluating insurance claims and different situations is at the core of the position.
Some secondary skills that insurance agents must hold include self-confidence, communication, interpersonal skills, and initiative. It is also highly beneficial if agents have strong fundamental mathematics knowledge.
Insurance Agent Job Description Template
If you enjoy offering financial stability and security to customers everywhere, a career as an insurance agent may be perfect for you. While selling automobile, home and life insurance policies, you meet the changing needs of our customers by crafting and customizing a policy that works for their lives. Get to know your clients on a deeper level with exceptional customer service and a personal touch with an in-depth look into their lives to determine what policies and coverage will benefit each one. Join an exciting team of individuals committed to offering security to every consumer by working with our insurance company to sell affordable policies.
- Sell property, casualty, automotive, life, health or other types of insurance to consumers, customizing programs to cover a variety of risks to meet the needs of every individual.
- Meet with clients daily to provide them with information about how to handle a policy claim, how to update policies and how to maintain appropriate records for possible claims.
- Attend programs, seminars and meetings to learn about new services and products, receive technical assistance and learn new marketing and selling skills.
- Create marketing strategies that bring customers to your insurance agency rather than another.
- Guarantee that all necessary paperwork is filled out and filed to put the insurance policy in place.
- Communicate with customers and underwriters to determine which types of insurance are offered and which are most applicable to the specific customer.
- Monitor any claims made to guarantee that both the insurer and the client are compensated fairly.
- Seek new clients through networking and calling lists of prospective clients on a weekly basis.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Insurance license from the state you are working in
- Passing scores on state exams that certify you to sell various types of insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to insurance or sales
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel
- Experience working for an established insurance agent
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Insurance Job Descriptions