Use this professional created Telephone Sales Representative job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Telephone sales representatives answer incoming calls and work to sell prospective customers products and services. They answer customer questions and address concerns, so they should be enthusiastic about the company they represent. They work from scripts but are able to improvise when needed to build customer relationships and answer questions.
Your telephone sales representative job description should discuss educational and experience requirements. Good candidates are excellent communicators who are persuasive yet patient. They need working knowledge of relevant computer programs to record, update and back up sometimes sensitive information.
Successful telephone sales representatives are reliable, responsible and organized. They are team players who want to boost the morale of those around them. They also need good business skills to complete forms and create detailed files for each customer.
Telephone Sales Representative Job Description Template
If you enjoy speaking with people from all over the world and can turn a regular conversation into revenue for the company, we might have the perfect job for you. As a telephone sales representative, you answer incoming calls and work with customers to sell them on our products and services. A telephone sales representative must be passionate about what our company has to offer and truly believe in the vision we sell. This excitement must come through on every call to guarantee that customers enjoy speaking to you and want to learn more about the company and brand. As a telephone sales representative, you can relax and enjoy your day in an office while making connections all over the world.
- Encourage customers to buy services and products by using a prepared script to reference important parts of what the company offers.
- Go off-script when necessary to build a relationship with customers or answer any questions they have not addressed in the script.
- Advise prospective and current customers by answering questions and addressing concerns about purchased products.
- Update database with new information every time a customer calls, and back up data regularly to protect sensitive customer information.
- Complete forms and record logs to create accurate, detailed files for each customer, providing insight into the target audience and what they want from the company.
- Follow organization standards to maintain quality service and guarantee customers receive exceptional service.
- Boost morale in the office by encouraging other sales representatives and adopting a team mentality on the sales floor.
- Report any necessary changes to equipment or processes that will boost productivity and efficiency and cut back on wasted costs
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Prior telephone sales experience
- Able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Professional appearance
- Well organized and great attention to detail