Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
• Your top two or three qualifications
• Professional job title
• Particular achievements or traits
A few examples of exemplary summary statements follow:
Sales manager with more than 20 years’ management experience in project management, budgeting, and facilities services. Effective and adaptable team leader with highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Experienced sales manager with a background in implementing and operating businesses programs and services. Exceptional negotiation, analytical, and planning skills. Ability to coordinate complex business details and motivate decision makers in highly competitive environments.
Sales manager with proven management and leadership skills. Effective communication skills with excellent problem analysis, organization, and resolution abilities. Adept at cultivating and maintaining client satisfaction.
• Over 16 years of experience
• Diverse supervisory management of claims processes
• Resourceful and results-oriented professional
Using our sales manager resume template for Word can help you create an engaging and interesting summary.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• List general skills, reserving details for the work history and summary sections.
• Add six to eight bullet points listing your job-relevant qualifications.
• Start with your most significant skills first.
This is a list of talents often required of sales managers. Consider adding those that are most relevant to you:
• Keen analytic and problem-solving capabilities
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• High capacity for motivating others to meet project deadlines
• Innovative self-starter with the desire to develop constructive ideas
• Solid ability to anticipate problems and outline solutions
• Thorough understanding of management techniques
• Dependable, reliable, and enthusiastic
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• Action verbs are great descriptors for your responsibilities and accomplishments.
• Use metrics to define specific achievements and job descriptions.
• List six to eight bullet points for each position.
• Include company name, job title, location, and duration.
• Incorporate language, phrases, and keywords from the job description.
These examples of sales manager job descriptions for the work history section are a good place to start:
• Developed and implemented training objectives for the national sales staff, resulting in a 25 percent increase in revenue.
• Expanded the marketing reach to incorporate emerging products into online platforms.
• Researched client goals and analyzed solutions to align with sales targets and budgets.
• Strategized with senior management to establish marketing campaigns that generated a sales increase of over $1,500,000.
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• List your most recent education first and then include any others in chronological order.
• Unless you are a recent graduate, leave off your GPA.
• Include all job-relevant training, certifications, seminars, and volunteer positions.
These are a couple examples of how an education section of a sales manager resume should be written.
Bachelor of Science, Business Management Ð 2010
University of Texas Ð Austin, TX
Courses included: Effective communication, principles of marketing, and economics
Certification: Certified Sales Executive Ð 2010
Sales and Marketing Executives International Ð Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science, Sales Ð 2012
Santa Clara University Ð Santa Clara, CA
Courses included: Ethical and legal issues in business, critical thinking, and global awareness
Seminar: Fundamentals of Sales Management Ð 2012
American Management Association Ð Los Angeles, CA
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative