Use this professional created Route Sales Representative job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Route sales representatives are responsible for providing customers with the products they’ve ordered and ensuring the amounts and delivery days are correct. They must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be agile enough to load and unload merchandise.
A route sales representative job description should state that applicants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Because they are responsible for meeting sales goals and responding to customer feedback and complaints, applicants should be friendly, good listeners and have the ability to solve problems.
The job description should also mention the fact that applicants must have a valid driver’s license and flexible schedule to thrive in the industry. Being a route sales representative is a physically demanding job.
Route Sales Representative Job Description Template
If you want to work for a company that is designed for growth and stability and be part of a team that works together to improve customer service, we have the perfect position for you. We have a route sales representative job opening and want individuals with high energy levels and positive attitudes who are willing to take the bull by the horns and be innovative and creative. Not only will you work for an up-and-coming company that is determined to create a positive, upbeat company atmosphere, but you also get the opportunity to get out of the office and learn more about the area you work in. While you establish your territory, you learn all about the area, the people and the businesses that surround you.
- Monitor customer feedback and handle customer issues in a courteous, prompt manner in order to maintain a loyal partnership with all customers.
- Supply customers with the products they need in the amounts they order on their regularly scheduled delivery day.
- Ensure that effective communication is used at all levels of the customer transaction and always be available when issues arise.
- Meet sales goals set with a supervisor every six months to guarantee that your territory is growing appropriately and sales goals are being met.
- Deliver company products from the warehouse to the customer, loading and unloading whenever necessary.
- Perform physical challenges several times throughout the day while still maintaining a positive attitude whenever dealing with customers or other team members.
- Learn the company policies and procedures and work within them, whether you are in the office, at the warehouse or delivering goods to a customer.
- Build strong relationships with your customers in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- One year experience in the customer service industry
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
- Valid driver’s license
- Sales experience
- Flexible schedule