Use this professional created Model job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Models work with artists and companies to advertise products, such as clothes, makeup and household items. They pose for clients to advertise this merchandise and participate in trade shows, commercials and conventions. They also travel frequently to meet with clients and research the products they are hired to represent.
Models are responsible for building a portfolio of their work, including photographs, print advertisements and digital media. Due to the competitive nature of this industry, they should also be able to provide a composite card to showcase their best shots and current body measurements.
Although there are no specific requirements to become a model, candidates must demonstrate discipline by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Your model job description should also specify any physical characteristics you are looking for, such as height, clothing size or level of experience. Furthermore, models must be able to listen and take direction from photographers and clients.
Model Job Description Template
If you are passionate about fashion and marketing and ready to jump into a fast-paced and challenging environment, we want you to join our team of models. You will have the chance to work in a variety of settings that will improve your versatility, brand awareness, and portfolio while allowing you to network with numerous industry professionals. We work with a diverse range of clients who need classroom models, sell shot photography, and live product demonstrations. You will build a strong connection with your team and have the chance to work in an exciting, forward-thinking environment. If you are ready to work with enthusiastic people who value a strong work ethic, we are here to support you and provide opportunities for advancement.
- Pose for artists and photographers in various outfits and collaborate with directors, photographers, and designers to achieve the desired outcome.
- Interact with agents, designers, photographers, and clients to verify the direction of each engagement to ensure efficient and satisfactory results.
- Perform live promotional demonstrations of clothing, accessories, and other items at trade shows, conferences, and events.
- Take direction and utilize creative thinking to enhance appearance and portray or demonstrate products in the most attractive way.
- Meet with potential clients, agents, and designers to find and book jobs as well as gather all relevant information regarding length of contract, pay, required dates and times of work, and any special provisions.
- Follow required dietary, fitness, and personal health guidelines as necessary to attain and maintain proper appearance and physical measurements.
- Travel when necessary to attend photo shoots, live demonstrations, and performances, and follow posted schedule with complete dedication to punctuality.
- Maintain strict commitment to excellence for every job by working extra hours, repeating actions and poses as necessary, and always communicating in a professional, pleasant way.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Self-possessed and professional, with great care for hygiene and appearance
- Ability to sit, stand, and perform other physical actions for extended time periods
- Excellent communication skills through email, telephone, and face-to-face interactions
- Flexible schedule and willingness to work nontraditional hours
- Previous experience and portfolio of work