legal secretary Resume Objectives
A Legal Secretary handles all the clerical work that a Secretary normally does, but they also must be familiar with legal terminology, documents, and procedures. They may also prepare legal papers, including summonses, motions, and subpoenas. Because Legal Secretaries work in law firms and with attorneys, they must have a foundational understanding of the law. To secure a position as a Legal Secretary, you should have a strong resume objective that emphasizes how you can benefit a law firm.
What The Legal Secretary Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The two areas that all Legal Secretaries need to be knowledgeable in are clerical and legal. To be considered for the position, your resume objective should include at least these two areas. It can also be appealing if you have experience with professional communication, administration, customer service, or computers. Including these skills on your resume is a great way to boost your chances of being hired.
Sample Legal Secretary Resume Objectives
Employers are mostly interested in how hiring someone will benefit their company. If you focus on these aspects, rather than your own goals and aspirations, you will have a better chance. You can show your excitement for working with a specific company by including its name in your resume. Take a look at some of these sample resume objectives for inspiration:
1. Seeking Legal Secretary position with ABC Company that prioritizes customer service and administration while performing basic clerical and law responsibilities.
2. Experienced Legal Secretary professional looking to bring 2+ years of experience to ABC Company utilizing acquired clerical and legal knowledge and communication and service skills.
3. Proactive clerical expert desiring work with ABC Company to bring legal, customer service, and administrational skills to a Legal Secretary position.
4. Self-motivated individual looking for Legal Secretary position with ABC Company in order to put clerical services into practice.
5. Legal Secretary with 5 years experience in customer service and administration seeking to bring legal and clerical knowledge to work with ABC Company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.