Personal Assistant Resume Examples
In the administrative field, executives rely on personal assistants to come to their rescue for a variety of personal and professional tasks. Getting a personal assistant job requires a resume that is specific to this job title and industry. LiveCareer’s personal assistant resume examples show you how to craft a memorable resume by showing you how to package your skills and qualifications as you learn to write your own professional resume.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What Is a Personal Assistant?
Personal assistants complete many different types of office tasks for households and organizations depending on where they work. Some of the most common responsibilities of a personal assistant include answering phones, sending emails and other correspondence, using office equipment, scheduling home and office repairs, taking meeting notes and booking appointments and travel. They may also help train new employees, update company web sites and manage calendars. This job title could see more than 100,000 new openings in the next decade, according to the Occupational Information Network.
What Makes This a Great
Personal Assistant Resume Example?
Reading over great personal assistant resume examples like the one here helps job seekers understand the skills and experience employers seek. Here are three ways using a personal assistant resume example can help you as you write your resume:
- Professionally-written content: Each of LiveCareer’s resume examples uses pre-written content that is crafted by our team of certified resume writers. This same content is available to you when you use our Resume Builder, which will suggest industry-specific content throughout the writing process. For personal assistants, the builder ensures that marketable skills such as running errands, driving, managing calendars and more are in your document. Use the suggestions as-is or customize them to add in your own metrics and accomplishments.
- Shows proper resume formats: The combination resume format is perfect for a mid-career professional with a good mix of skills and experience. Other job seekers might consider the chronological or functional format to suit their needs.
- Variety of resume templates: Another part of the resume that makes it stand out is design. Since personal assistants can be employed in a variety of settings, choose your resume template for each employer. LiveCareer’s Resume Builder makes it easy to switch between templates when you are applying for roles across industries. Choose a conservative design for a role in banking and a more colorful design for a personal assistant role in advertising.
3 Personal Assistant Professional Summaries Examples
Another essential part of an effective resume is the professional summary at the top. A great professional summary, like the one in the personal assistant resume example above, entices recruiters to continue reading your resume. Below, we have included three personal assistant professional summary samples to inspire you as you write your own:
- Dynamic and personable personal assistant with more than five years of experience in administrative support. Ability to handle a variety of clerical and technological tasks. Highly capable of organizing and maintaining both personal and professional calendars.
- Outgoing and hardworking personal assistant with experience in a large corporate setting. Capable of prioritizing essential jobs and assisting staff with tasks. Skilled in coordinating and maintaining leadership schedules for meetings and big events.
- Detail-oriented and industrious personal assistant with a history of success in large offices. Committed to providing support to key staff members through clerical tasks and messaging. Able to handle a variety of administrative tasks and adapt to new procedures and technologies.
3 Personal Assistant Work Experience Section Examples
The work history in a resume is also key to showing preparation for the personal assistant position. The resume examples are a great place to start when brainstorming work history details. The Resume Builder also provides unique personal assistant work experience content, including customized metrics to fit the applicant’s specific situation. Here are some personal assistant work experience examples that are similar to samples from the Resume Builder:
- Coordinated all travel, hotel reservations, airplane tickets and itineraries for a team of eight company executives
- Organized and maintained an electronic filing system of company records and personnel information
- Prepared daily reports and presentations by consolidating notes from six staff members
Top Skills for Your Personal Assistant Resume
Getting the right keywords into the skills section of your personal assistant resume can be tough since the role can vary greatly from job to job. Study the job ad to see which skills and experience are most critical to the role at hand. Or, use our resume builder which makes suggestions for the most sought-after skills to add. Here are some hard and soft skills that recruiters look for on a personal assistant resume:
- G-Suite proficiency
- Event planning
- Dictating skills
- Time management
- Verbal and written communication
Building Your Personal Assistant Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Personal Assistant FAQs
- What are the qualities of a personal assistant?
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a personal assistant?
- What are the objectives of a personal assistant?
What are the qualities of a personal assistant?
Personal assistants must have an array of professional qualities to find success in the administrative field. They must demonstrate flexibility and be a self-starter. They must be highly organized and have excellent attention to small details. They must also have skills in common computer software programs for creating documents and organizing data. Successful personal assistants also have strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a personal assistant?
The duties of a personal assistant vary, depending on the company and specifics of the position. Many personal assistants work in tandem with senior staff or household staff, and assist with travel reservations and event organization. They may also be key personnel in appointment scheduling and management. Some personal assistants must be able to run errands and handle daily office operations, such as ordering supplies and calling in equipment repairs.
What are the objectives of a personal assistant?
Unless they are applying for an entry-level role, a personal assistant should consider using a professional summary in the resume instead of a career objective. While objectives focus on the applicant’s desires for a job in the field, the professional summary addresses the target audience of a resume, the recruiter, and makes an elevator pitch about the job seeker’s skills and talents. This is a great way for applicants to market themselves and convince a hiring manager to consider them.