Medical Assistant Resume Objective
Medical assistants perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to help provide care to patients, support physicians, and keep office operations running smoothly. A strong objective statement is essential if you are seeking employment in this challenging and multifaceted position. A well-written statement can showcase your unique qualifications for the job while convincing a prospective employer to continue reading through your resume.
What the Medical Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A competent medical assistant must have a strong blend of medical knowledge and communication skills. Medical assistants are responsible for interacting positively with patients while performing tasks such as gathering medical histories, drawing blood, and providing medications. Medical assistants also maintain records, handle patient scheduling, and fill out insurance paperwork, which makes organizational skills and technological proficiency essential. When writing your resume, make sure to emphasize your customer service skills, medical knowledge, and past administrative experience.
Sample Medical Assistant Resume Objectives
An effective objective statement should summarize your background and relevant experience to demonstrate why you are the best candidate for the job. Don’t forget to include the name of the hospital, clinic, or other employer in your statement to show that you are genuinely interested in the position in question. Here are a few examples to use as a starting point when you are writing your own objective statement:
1. Seeking a full-time medical assistant position at ABC hospital that requires exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. A self-motivated professional seeks to use over 5 years of experience to deliver superior care as a medical assistant at ABC medical center.
3. Obtain an entry-level medical assistant position at ABC hospital and provide attentive, highly professional assistance to patients and physicians.
4. Looking to utilize extensive administrative experience and knowledge of medical billing in a medical assistant position at ABC clinic.
5. Seeking a medical position at ABC hospital that will build clinical skills while making use of clerical and communication skills.
Skills to Put in a Medical Assistant Resume Objective
When crafting a resume objective, you need to think about more than what you want out of a job. You also need to think about what employers want out of a prospective candidate, and that’s where your professional abilities come in. You need a solid mix of hard and soft skills that reflect a candidate capable of delivering the full package.
You should mix these skills into not just your objective statement but the list of searchable skills included in your resume as well. To decide the best skills to list, evaluate both your personal strengths and the skills employers seek, usually evident in the text of target job advertisements.
Try out these examples of great skills to include in a medical assistant resume objective:
- Collaboration with and support for doctors and physicians
- Patient interactions, communications, and assessment
- Patient diagnosis and treatment planning
- Electronic medical records and EMR systems administration
- Patient confidentiality and patient advocacy in a trust-based environment
- Medical supplies preparation, monitoring, and stock management
- Surgical support and assistance
- Post-surgical recovery, treatment, and care
- Cooperation with nurses and other medical assistants in a team-based environment
- Hospital and clinical safety regulations and standards
- Patient and family education and counseling
- Junior team member training and mentorship
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.