I am an entry level Elementary Educator devoted to promoting student learning and enhancing individual potential. I am skilled in directing classroom environments and enhancing student behavior through positive and forward-thinking approaches. I am a caring relationship-builder with an analytical mindset and good decision-making skills. I am driven to continue to learn and grow professionally. I understand the importance of technology in the classroom and implementing new technologies and teaching strategies to reach every child.
· Practicum internship at Lower Creek Elementary School in a 1st grade classroom.
· Observed and assisted the teacher during Letterland instruction and reading small groups
· Capstone internship at Gamewell Elementary School in a Kindergarten classroom.
· Observed and assisted the teacher during her daily lessons
· Conducted small group instruction each day during reading groups.
· Created and carried out lesson plans for English Language Arts and math following the North Carolina Standard Course of Study
· Internship at Davenport Elementary School in a 4th grade classroom.
· Observed and assisted the teacher during daily English Language Arts and social studies activities
· Created and carried out a writing lesson with reading integration and a math lesson following the North Carolina Standard course of study
· Student teaching at Gamewell Elementary School in a kindergarten classroom
· Complete takeover of the classroom for 23 days before school was canceled because of Covid-19.
· Created and carried out lesson plans for all subjects following the North Carolina standard course of study for Kindergarten
· Continued classroom involvement online with cooperating teacher and students during zoom meetings (whole group and individual) and read aloud
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: