Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Enthusiastic Study Abroad Advisor with 10+ years of experience managing study abroad departments in post-secondary education institutions. Talented in student advising on study abroad options as they pertain to career development and academic planning. Comfortable working and communicating effectively with various constituencies including domestic and international students campus administrators faculty and parents.
- Guide students in selecting an appropriate study abroad program consistent with academic requirements and objectives and plan of study
- Advise applicants regarding eligibility for a variety of study abroad programs
- Produce written materials regarding policies and procedures program descriptions financial aid credit transfer and academic considerations
- Collect catalog update and distribute information regarding study abroad programs
- Maintain mailing list and distributes information to the University community as well as other universities and colleges in the region and nationally
- Conducted workshops on learning goals student motivation and learning activities
- Attended monthly meetings through teleconferencing with other campus locations
- Led faculty and college committee activities
- Developed partnerships with industry and secondary education institutions
- Contributed to ongoing staff training sessions
- Organized advertised and conducted orientation meetings and informational meetings to recruit students
- Prepared posters announcements newspaper ads and other promotional materials to recruit students
- Made arrangements for students to be gone from the University in such areas as university registration housing financial aid and payment of fees
- Served as a resource to students parents the University community and others regarding study abroad programs policies and procedures
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Study Abroad Advisor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Study Abroad Advisor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.