Expert Librarian trained in multiple content areas related to library operations and management. Advanced knowledge of library administration, research tools, training and in-depth understanding of collection analysis and general library operations with history of providing high-quality library services and a strong customer service ethic. Innovative with skill in developing and implementing engaging programs to increase community interest and engagement. Successfully managing library staff, enhancing library management systems and achieving steep annual financial goals.
• International research organization Library Director servicing over 400 worldwide individual researchers that includes leading research, training, budgeting, acquisition and management of Institute's collection.
• Conduct and analyze research to compile most relevant results and communicate research results in writing or in person to a variety of stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain library strategic plan including standards, procedures, forecasting budget, analysis of use metrics and purchasing materials (electronic and print tools) implemented worldwide.
• Conduct staff seminars including marketing to and supervision of participants on library resources (print and online).
• Market library service by push newsletters, pathfinders and shortcuts to access information in print and digitally.
• Develop and monitor/manage library budget; handle vendor inquiries, evaluate use using vendor statistics.
• Supervise and train staff, including assistant librarian and interns.
• Research acquisitions, establish and maintain core library holdings including subscriptions.
• Update and maintain online integrated library system including catalog.
• Database implementation and management including back end integration of databases (Ebsco, OpenAthens)
• Set up and maintain digital libraries in multiple countries.
• Successfully managed redesign of organization's intranet continues to manage Library intranet pages.
• Designed, planned, and organized library, including coordination and supervision of move to new library space.
• Founding member and Administrator (2014- ) of growing International Environmental Library Consortium.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: