Experienced Certified Medical Coder offering over 15 years of healthcare experience. Infusions, Pro fee, Facility E & M Coding, Emergency Room, POV, Trauma/Critical Care, RCR, Radiology, Clinical, OBS, Lab charts . Highly accurate and efficient with strong time
Experienced with a wide variety of medical coding and billing tasks, which includes working the pre- and post-bill claim edits and resolve the pre-collect list for assigned facilities.
Worked hospital billing claims within the EHR and claim scrubber system and resolves claim errors, edits, and other holds through medical documentation review and reference to compliance guidelines from Medicare, verify insurance, and review charges in the Practice Management System.
Expertise in accurately inputting procedure and diagnosis codes into billing software to generate invoices.
CPC Certified 2013
Review hospital emergency room, outpatient medical record documentation to select sequence appropriate ICD-10-CM, HCPCS/CPT procedure codes
* Adhered to Company and HSC Coding Compliance policies, procedures for assignment of complete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes for diagnoses and procedures
• Assigned ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and/or HCPCS/CPT, as applicable, coding following patient types: Emergency room, Recurring (RCR), Clinical records, Radiology, OBS, ED Admits
• Assigned ED Facility E/M levels, and enters charges for ED, ED Admission, infusions and/or injections
• Assigned procedure categories, modifiers
• Met or exceeded productivity, accuracy standards
• Reviewed all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies, procedures, clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge, skills remain current
• Met all educational requirements as stated in current Company , HSC policies
• Initiated physician queries in compliance with Company, HSC policy when appropriate
• Practiced, adhered to "Code of Conduct" philosophy, "Mission and Value Statement"
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: