• 8+ years of IT experience as a Business Analyst in deployment of web-based, Client-Server applications, developing business processes and system solutions for Banking and Financial Industries for various projects from conceptualization to implementation.
• Excellent technical writing skills to create Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document (FSD), Nonfunctional Requirements Document and Use Cases Specifications.
• Strong process modeling using UML (Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, etc.)
• Strong in writing SQL queries and reporting the results to the business team.
• Strong Requirement Traceability Matrix mapping.
• Excellent Team player to work in conjunction with testers (QA), developers and other team members in validation and testing of complex project scenarios and in the maintenance of Quality Standards of projects.
• Experience with Web Development E commerce projects.
• Excellent conceptual and working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle, RUP, OO Models and UML Methodologies.
• Fluent in a broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as MS Project, Excel, Access, Visio.
• Experience working in CMMI, ITIL and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Have experience with various defect tracking tools: Quality Center, ClearQuest.
• Experience in Requirement Analysis, JAD sessions, Business and Systems reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
• Strong database integration experience. Worked on analyzing data needs, identifying relational databases and coordinating the modeling.
• Well versed in Requirements/Change Management, Impact Analysis and Gap Analysis.
• Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities, with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decision.
As a Business Analyst for AIG's Small Business Information Systems Group, I was responsible for coordinating, defining, staffing, and managing multiple project tracks across business, IS management, Quality Assurance and Testing, and Development groups to ensure the delivery of a high-quality software application. Business lines supported included, Private Client and Property and Casualty. Products included, Executive Liability, Professional Liability, Casualty, Workers' Compensation, Accident and Health, Environmental, and Global Marine and Energy
•Gathered and analyzed business and system requirements for multiple integration points for upstream and downstream system interfaces; prepared functional requirement documentation in alignment with project scope.
•Developed project schedules, coordinated project status meetings with internal and external project teams.
•Worked with program manager to oversee delivery performance, ensure delivery quality and report schedule, and cost and execution performance.
•Developed project documentation, testing materials, training materials.
•Prepared formal presentations, written reports and project specifications.
•Tracked and updated program-level status report.
Client Sub Ledger - A business ledger that hosted client's daily transactions, security positions and cash balances. It was a$2.7M project with multiple phases of release. This service was earlier provided by Broadridge (ADP). Building this ledger reduced dependencies on third party systems and will save millions of dollars to the company over years.
Affirmations - An in-house tool was built to communicate with front office, back office and external parties such as ADP and DTC (clearing house) to assist in settlements and clearings of equity securities for Prime Brokerage clients. It was a complex system built with different matching capabilities and ability to process millions of messages in milliseconds.
Buy-In - Buy-In relates to post settlement date activities. A service was built to get away from a manual costly process to an automated cost efficient process for sending buy-in requests to DTC, leading to higher accuracy and saving on man power.
Worked closely with project managers, business users and developers to formalize a business idea and define requirements using rational requisite pro.
• Analyze gathered requirements data, verify requirements and create functional specifications (FRD/FRS).
• Gathered requirements for building a sub-ledger that hosted day to day trading activities of various hedge fund clients and assist in reporting and accounting.
• Mapped data between Sybase to Sybase, Sybase to Oracle databases to assist in analysis and development phases of Client Sub Ledger project.
• Followed CMMI to improve the quality of process outputs and reduce defects
• Queried relational databases using SQL on a daily basis to resolve operational issues and assist business and IT in better understanding of business requirements.
• Gathered requirements for creating "Affirmation Engine" that would assist in matching trades and confirm and straight through processing (STP) for the clients.
• Expertise in Business Process Modeling and Use Case Modeling using Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Rose tool.
• Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to make sure the current project requirements are being met.
• Work with Development and QA teams to transition business requirements into QA test cases and assist in UAT.
• Acted a project manager/business analyst for the Buy-In project and build a new application using service oriented architecture (SOA) and XML to assist the Stock-Borrow Loan team in sending Buy-In requests to DTC for post settlement date clearings.
• Managed enhancementsand defects promptly to assist the operations in resolving issues.
Environment: Use Cases, SQL, UML, JAD, Quality Center, Java, XML, FTP, MS-Office, Windows, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Windows, HTTP, Six Sigma.
Jefferies specialize in helping companies and their investors reach their full potential by offering outstanding advisory and capital raising services, as well as unique investment ideas backed by superior trade execution and a suite of innovative asset management strategies. They provide all the capital markets expertise, deep industry knowledge and investor relationships you would expect from a global, full service investment bank and institutional securities firm.
•Gathered Analyzed, validated, Managed and documented the stated Requirements with the business user and/or End user.
•Conducted market analysis and feasibility studies & developed the project plan.
•Integrated with users for verifying the requirements, managing change control process, updating existing documentation & Project Tracking.
•Understood Fixed Income, Equity Trading, Foreign Exchange Trading & OTC derivatives.
•Gathered details on the business process, technical architecture, software systems and servers employed in the client location.
•Worked with the Traders and Brokers while collecting requirements and present the shares & bond price in Excel Chart to better understand the market.
•Perform data analysis and Data mapping from source(s) system to target system(s) and helped in the preparation of data mapping documentation.
•Created functional requirement specification documents such as UML diagram, use case diagram, scenarios, activity diagrams and mapping.
•Provide end User consulting on Functionality and Business Process.
•Conduct GAP analysis & JAD sessions with stakeholders.
•Identified business directions & objectives that may influence the required data and application architectures throughout the Project life cycle.
•Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
•Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts, test plan and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
•Involved in manual, functional, system and regression testing in an agile development environment, data using SQL Queries manually.
•Used test director, HP Quality Center for Test management, Functional, GUI, Performance, Stress Testing.
•Perform data validation, data integration and Backend/DB testing.
The C&F Finance Company offers securities brokerage, banking and associated financial service to individuals and institutional clients. Project involved Web based application integrating company's mutual fund module with equity trading business module.
•Interviewed the business users and SME's to gather business requirement for the application
•Identified the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared the Business Requirements Document and Functional Specifications Document.
•Organized and moderated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions identified business and system use cases, wrote use case narratives and used MS Visio to prepare the Use Case diagrams.
•Improve the reach, effectiveness and trustworthiness of the ecommerce application.
•Created Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Activity diagrams, Use case model and, using MS Visio.
•Scheduled meetings with developers, system analyst and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project
•Wrote testing requirements, test plans and test cases for System Testing
•Created and executed test scripts in HP Quality Center for defect tracking and effectively communicated the defects to the developer team
•Worked with testers, developers and other team members to validate and test complex system and with the maintenance of Quality Standards in projects
•Widely used SQL to extract data from the database.
•Acted as a liaison between the developers and user staff and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between the user and technical teams
•Finished the projects by successfully installing the applications into production and providing the desirable instruction materials liberate comments to the business users, & filing lessons learned to accumulate in the organizational procedure assets.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: