Barista Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Barista job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Baristas do so much more than make customers’ coffee. They maintain the cleanliness of the establishment, stock inventory when necessary and brainstorm marketing materials as part of a team. While doing all this, baristas also need to maintain a friendly demeanor to give customers the best experience possible.
No formal education is required to be a barista. However, you can state in your barista job description that you wish to hear from applicants who have prior customer service experience.
Baristas need to have stellar communication skills to inform patrons of various drink options. They also need to be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Memorization is also beneficial because baristas will need to learn how to make a wide selection of drinks.
Barista Job Description Template
Are you ambitious and creative and love interacting with all types of folks? Please apply for the barista job with us! Benefits to this position include flexible hours, tips, paid vacation, and paid sick leave. Also, we want to develop your professional career, and we will make huge investments in the right people – we are one of the top coffeehouses in the city, and we pride ourselves on excellent and prompt service. We welcome creative people who love out-of-the-box solutions, but perhaps most importantly, we recognize that hiring excellent baristas is the best thing we could do for public relations; consequently, we treat you well.
- Greet customers, take their orders, and use excellent time management and organizational skills to prepare and serve coffee, blended coffee, cold drinks, teas, espresso, pastries, cookies and other sweets and drinks.
- Educate customers about our drinks, treats, and other products, and serve as a resource for people wanting to develop or improve coffee-tasting skills and knowledge.
- Prepare specialized drinks per company recipe guidelines.
- Coordinate in-person patronage with mobile orders coming via our app; always try to have mobile orders ready when customers arrive for pickup.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of all areas, including bathrooms; follow checklists for prescribed areas.
- Address and resolve customer issues in a polite and effective manner; enlist manager or shift supervisor as necessary.
- Stock and refill inventory such as coffee cups, straws, napkins and utensils; supervise inventory levels and communicate when necessary to ensure inventory is not low or out.
- Brainstorm and design themed decor in the store as relevant for specific holidays or sales (e.g., Halloween, winter or summer tie-ins).
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Customer service and communication skills
- Independent work and team work
- Knowledge of mobile apps
- Customer service experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Food Job Descriptions