Loss Prevention Officer Resume Objective
Loss prevention officers work in retail settings and perform a variety of duties, such as monitoring suspicious behavior, preventing shoplifting and investigating theft. If you are applying for this specialized position, your objective needs to clearly show why you have the right skills for the job. Your objective can decide whether you get interviewed and eventually hired, so it is important to sell your strengths and emphasize your experience in this statement.
What the Loss Prevention Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Loss prevention officers are responsible for investigating theft, implementing initiatives to control losses, ensuring that security protocols are working effectively and conducting audits to uncover safety or security risks. Loss prevention officers must also make apprehensions, work with law enforcement agencies during investigations and fully understand the relevant state and federal laws. Your objective should showcase your interpersonal skills and ability to quickly, accurately assess situations. Your objective can also reference any experience that you have in customer service, surveillance, security or investigations.
Sample Loss Prevention Officer Resume Objectives
It’s ideal to include the name of your prospective employer in the objective statement, along with your specific goals or desires for the position. This helps show your sincere interest in working as a loss prevention officer for that particular employer. Here are a few examples to give you ideas for writing your own objective statement:
1. Seeking a loss prevention officer position at ABC company in which observational skills can be used to reduce losses and increase profitability.
2. Looking to apply surveillance training and customer service skills to a loss prevention officer position at ABC store.
3. Professional with five years of experience seeks to utilize analytical skills to minimize internal and external theft as a loss prevention officer at ABC company.
4. Searching for a loss prevention officer position at ABC company that requires experience performing audits and maintaining compliance.
5. Detail-oriented professional looking to improve the safety and security of ABC store as a loss prevention officer.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.