Fast Food Server Resume Objective
A fast food server fulfills multiple roles in and out of the kitchen. As such, employers seek competent individuals who are able to correctly complete the tasks. An objective statement is your chance to sell yourself as that type of person. A proper objective can help to secure your interview.
What The Fast Food Server Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Fast food servers not only make food, but they also take orders, keep the establishment clean and make sure that it remains properly stocked. Considering these things, such individuals must be able to multi-task, effectively communicate with management, co-workers and customers, resolve customer issues and operate the register, amongst other duties. Your objective statement should state that you can perform these duties. Being that it is only one sentence, you must find a way to do so in a condensed manner.
Sample Fast Food Server Resume Objectives
There are a few elements that a proper objective must have. It should list your skills as well as any relevant proficiencies that you have. You should also customize the resume by adding the company name or making reference to the type of restaurant. Take a look at these customizable examples of fast food server resume objectives.
1. Experienced fast food server with X years in the industry seeking to join the ABC Company team as a server and contribute a strong work ethic and multi-tasking abilities.
2. Task-oriented individual with excellent customer service and communication skills desires to secure a fast food server position with ABC Company.
3. Sales and customer service professional with a great work ethic and exceptional customer relations abilities looks to work for a reputable establishment such as ABC Company as a fast food server.
4. Hard-working student seeks an opportunity to apply strong customer service, communication and organization skills in a fast food server position with a prominent restaurant.
5. Looking to join ABC Company as a fast food server for an opportunity to utilize customer relations, sales and issue resolution skills with a positive attitude and work ethic.
Skills To Put in a Fast Food Server Resume Objective
Prospective employers want to know how you can benefit their companies. With the resume objective statement, you can briefly explain why you’re the perfect candidate for the position. By including skills that match the fast food server requirements, you can make an employer take notice.
One challenge you may face is figuring out which skills to include in the objective section. Considering you have limited space, use the job description to narrow your list. Identify three to five skills mentioned in the ad. Focus on hard and soft skills that match your qualifications so you can prove you have the right training and personality for the position.
Here are a few skills a fast food server could place in the resume objective section:
- Setting, preparing, and cleaning eating areas for new patrons
- Experience assisting with basic inventory management, such as ordering stock
- Accepting payments and balancing receipts
- Able to safely lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Experience working in a fast-paced, loud environment
- Advanced knowledge of service mechanics
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Able to speak, read, and write in English
- Familiar with all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
- Preparing food and beverage orders, such as salads, sandwiches, and coffee
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.