Commis Chef Resume Objective
A commis chef commences work at a restaurant as a fresh, talented culinary artist ready to learn the skills required to direct food creation and preparation. The commis chef offers invaluable assistance while receiving the training he or she needs to advance in the restaurant industry. To prepare a strong resume to become a commis chef, the chef should create an objective that clearly defines how he or she will be a significant resource to the restaurant.
What the Commis Chef Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A good commis chef will be able and willing to pay close attention to diverse training regarding food preparation, will understand safe and hygienic food preparation, and will communicate effectively and work in a team environment. The head chef will expect the commis chef to pay attention to detail and maintain quality in food preparation. Because this kind of chef is acting as an apprentice, significant restaurant experience outside of culinary school is not required, but it is expected that each individual will carefully follow orders in order to advance into higher positions.
Sample Commis Chef Resume Objectives
Your objective will clearly show the restaurant that you have specific interest in their organization because you reference the organization by name. The follow objectives will orient you on how to effectively and concisely reference your skills.
1. Detail-oriented chef, trained in quality food preparation seeking commis chef position with ABC company.
2. Seeking commis chef position at ABC company to utilize quality culinary and team-working skills.
3. A team-oriented chef searching for a commis chef position at ABC company to work effectively with other restaurant employees to produce high-quality, delicious food.
4. Recently accredited chef seeking valuable culinary experience at ABC company by obtaining a commis chef position, offering effective communication, attention to detail, and quality food preparation skills.
5. Attentive, reliable chef seeking commis chef position at ABC company, having recently graduated from culinary school, having received training in diverse food preparation techniques.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.