The position of Sous Chef lies right below head chef, but it still holds a lot of responsibility within the establishment. To show an employer that you are more than capable of planning food preparation in the kitchen, you need to include any relevant qualifications and accomplishments within your resume’s objective.
What The Sous Chef Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In the event that the head chef is not available, the Sous Chef will assume the most executive position in the kitchen and handle any problems that come up. Sous Chefs are also responsible for making the schedules for the other staff members and disciplining anyone in the kitchen who is not performing up to par. Thorough knowledge of sanitation guidelines is essential as well as the ability to create and present unique dishes for the restaurant or hotel. You resume objective should tell a prospective employer that you have gained the skills necessary to be an effective Sous Chef. The objective is the first thing an employer will read, so use it to your advantage.
Sample Sous Chef Resume Objectives
In order to make it obvious to the hiring manager that you honestly want the position, include the name of the business in the resume objective. Here are some example objectives:
1. Seeking employment as a Sous Chef in order to use experiences with recruiting new employees and managing the day-to-day operations of a kitchen at ABC company.
2. Use organizational, leadership and food preparation skills for the benefit of ABC company as a Sous Chef.
3. A highly skilled and organized individual with 10+ years of experience preparing a variety of dishes and maintaining cleanliness standards for kitchens looking for a Sous Chef position at ABC company.
4. Obtain a position at ABC company to use background in creating menus and preparing meals as an effective Sous Chef.
5. Looking to gain a Sous Chef position with ABC company to use supervisory and administrative skills.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Personable and dedicated Chef Manager with extensive experience within the hotel and food Service industry, with a strong focus and attention to safety practices. Solid team player with upbeat, positi...
20 yrs 8 mo