Analytical Chemist with expertise
on HPLC instruments and a passion for Chromatography. Advanced technical understanding of HPLC instruments and PAD, CAD, UV/Vis, RI, and conductivity detectors.Experienced with customer service and customer relations offering advanced technical knowledge for work in a fast-paced technical support setting.
Physics and Chemistry Knowledge
Three Years on-site help desk experience
Two years call center help desk experience
Strong analytical skills
Experienced with Chromaleon
Five years method development experience with HPLC-IC-PAD, IC-CAD, RP-RI, RP-UV/Vis
Four years HPLC maintenance experience
Conflict resolution experience
Welch Grant Recipient, Aug 2005.
Alpha Beta Kappa Honor society membership, June 2000.
Best of New Times Phoenix for best Gaming Store, 1996.
Army Achievement Metals for outstanding performance during training maneuvers Aug. 1993. July 1992, Jan. 1992
Letters of Commendation for outstanding performance during training exercises April 1992, Sept. 1992, Oct. 1992.
Graduate Research Assistant January 2006 to January 2011Baylor University － Waco, TX
Characterized Corn Stover, Switchgrass and Sorghum feedstocks for biomass-to-ethanol conversion through identification of monomeric and oligomeric sugars, organic acids, and inorganic ions.
Developed an improved method for HPAEC-PAD, separating monosaccharides and sucrose in 5 minutes.
Performed and/or scheduled repairs for all in-lab HPLC instrumentation.
Instructed Organic and General Chemistry lab sections.
Experienced with Chromeleon and Empower chromatography data software.
QA/QC Laboratory Technician II January 2012 to August 2013Allergan Inc － Waco, TXEmployed chromatography, spectroscopy and spectrophotometry techniques.
Maintain detailed records of results following cGMP and current SOP protocols.
Conducted monthly maintenance on 16 Varian HPLC's.
Trained junior chemists on proper HPLC up keep and column preparation, cleaning and storage practices.
Initiated and developed a laboratory automation plan.
Chemistry Teacher August 2012 to July 2014Waco independent School District － Waco, Tx
and enforced rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among a
class of 130+ students.
Instructed 10th grade Chemistry to
a class of 30 students.
Responsible for proper chemical
storage for the Science department.
district wide course plans for Chemistry.
Chemistry / Engineering Teacher August 2015 to CurrentRapport Academy Public school Waco TX － Waco, Tx
Instructed 10-12th grade levels of Physics to a class of 18 students.
Taught and developed instructional material for 11th grae students in an advanced engineering class.
Responsible for proper chemical storage for the Science department.
Mentored a science fair group of 3 who received an honorable mention from the EPA.
Ph.D : Analytical ChemistryBaylor University － Waco, TXAnalytical Chemistry
Chemical Separations, Electroanalytical Chemistry, Analytical Spectroscopy, Chemical Kinetics, Organic Spectroscopy, Symmetry & Group Theory.
B.A : Chemistry Industrial Engineering TechnologyTarleton State University － Stephenville, TXChemistry Industrial Engineering Technology
Associates of Occupational Studies : Computer Networking and Information TechnologyTech Institute － Phoenix, AZComputer Networking and Information Technology
American Chemical Society
*Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society
Technical: HPLC repair experience, Advanced understanding of chromatography, Elxcellent documentationa nd inventory control skills
1) Sevcik, R.S., Hyman D.A., Basumallich, L., Scarlata, C. J., Rohrer, J., Chambliss, C.K. "Rapid analysis of carbohyrates in bioprocess samples : An Evaluation of the CarbopPac SA10 for HPAE-PAD Analysis by Interlaboratory Comparison" 245th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, New Orleans, LA April 7 - 11 2013.
2) Sevcik, R S., Son, C., Chambliss, C.K. "Evaluation of On-Line SPE in the Analysis of Fermentable Sugars in Biomass" 23nd International Ion Chromatography Symposium, Providence, RI Oct. 16 - 19nd 2011.
3) Sevcik, R.S., Burgess, N., Sharma, L., Doran-Peterson, J., Chambliss, C.K. "Simultaneous Saccharification and Fermentation of Sweet Sorghum: Effect of Water-Soluble Sugars on Overall Ethanol Yield " 33th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Seattle, Wa May 2 - 5 2011.
4) Sevcik, R.S.; Mowery, R.A.; Becker, C.; Chambliss, C.K. "Rapid Analysis of Carbohydrates in Aqueous Extracts and Hydrolysates of Biomass Using a Carbonate-Modified Anion-Exchange Column" J. Chrom. A 2011, 1218, 1236-1243.
5) Sevcik, R.S., Chambliss, C.K. "Rapid Analysis of Fermentable Sugars in Aqueous Extracts and Hydrolysates of Herbaceous Biomass." 22nd International Ion Chromatography Symposium, Cincinnati, OH Sept. 19 - 22nd 2010.
6) Sevcik, R.S., Rooney, W.L., Chambliss, C.K. "Identification and Quantitation of Water Extractives in Selected Sorghum Variants" 32th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, Clear Water, FL April 19 - 22 2010.0
7) Chen, S.-F.; Mowery, R.A.; Sevcik, R.S.; Scarlata, C.J.; Chambliss, C.K."Compositional Analysis of Water-Soluble Materials in Switchgrass" J. Agric. Food Chem. 2010, 58, 3251-3258.
8) Sevcik, R.S., Hardie, Z., Mowery, R., Chambliss, C.K. "Compositional Analysis of Water Extractives in Sorghum" 31th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, San Francisco, CA May 3 - 6 2009.
9) Sevcik, R.S., Mowery, R., Chambliss, C.K. "Rapid High Performance Liquid Chromatography Analysis of Sugars in Aqueous Extracts and Dilute-Acid Hydrolysates of Herbaceous Biomass" 30th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, New Orleans, LA May 4 - 8 2008.
10) Sevcik, R.S., Shipley, S., Chambliss, C.K. "Comparison of accelerated solvent extraction and soxhlet methods for aqueous extraction of herbaceous biomass" 30th Symposium on Biotechnology for Fuels and Chemicals, New Orleans, LA May 4 - 8 2008.
12) Sevcik, R.S.; McGinty, R.L.; Schultz, L.D.; Alexander, S.V. "Periodic table target: A game that introduces the biological significance of chemical element periodicity." J. Chem. Ed. 2008, 85(4), 516-517.
13) Sevcik, R.S.; Hicks, O.; Schultz, L.D.; Alexander, S.V "Elements - A card game of chemical names and symbols." J. Chem. Ed. 2008, 85(4), 514-515.
14) Charlton, A.K.; Sevcik, R.S.; Tucker, D.A.; Schultz, L.D. "A colorimetric analysis experiment not requiring a spectrophotometer: Quantitative determination of albumin in powdered egg white." J. Chem. Ed. 2007, 84(5), 826-828.