Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Motivated Academic Advisor with extensive knowledge of the education system career paths and testing standards. Exceptional communicator with advanced problem-solving skills. Dependable organized and calm under pressure.
- Monitor case load of students and intervene with at-risk individuals.
- Facilitate student decision-making and foster individual accountability.
- Give information on career options major requirements and university rules.
- Guide students through course steps including registration.
- Oversee individual educational goals and help each student stay on track.
- Worked with incoming freshmen to acclimate each to college life and develop course plans.
- Explained university offerings and course requirements.
- Assisted students in picking majors and meeting necessary minimums.
- Provided information on career resources to higher-level students.
- Mentored three new academic advisors.
- Studied school programs course offerings and records to develop accurate student plans.
- Met one-on-one with students to assess desires and needs.
- Coordinated vocational and college-preparatory course plans.
- Helped students develop essay-writing abilities to complete college applications.
National Academic Advising Association Member 2000-Present
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Academic Advisor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Academic Advisor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.