Finance professional with exceptional analytical abilities, technical accounting knowledge, and diverse systems experience. Proficient in budgeting, strategic planning, forecasting, and variance analysis at month/quarter end reporting. Six sigma green belt certified, successfully completed multiple projects with cost savings.
- Developed and consolidated monthly financial updates for Retail Segment and Medicare leadership total budget of ($4B) with high accuracy
-Responsible for ($1B) spend of commissions paid to external and internal agents, was able inform leaders timely on any potential headwinds and tailwinds
-Managed forecasting, budgeting and long-term strategic planning for all of Retail business segment and able to deliver all deliverable on time to corporate
-Responsible for line of business reporting and allocations in between the products and provide updates to Product leaders monthly
-Evaluated and provide guidance on new product development and modelling for new products offering to product leaders.
-Led team of four employees, supervised them during month-end close, Medicare bid submission, budget planning and special projects.
-Managed budget of Senior Products administrative expense results pre-allocated and allocated by lines of business (products) including headwinds and tailwinds.
- Provided Budget ownership for administrative expenses for Group Medicare ($30M), Strategic Alliance Marketing ($42M) and Corporate Retail Senior Products ($200M).
- Partnered with product development team to manage nine vendor relationships ($150M).
- Managed and oversee intern activities including month-end standard reporting, journal entries and accruals and other special project as needed.
- Provided financial systems technical support to Unit with a budget up to $11B in annual revenue and more than 350 finance end-users worldwide.
- Managed multiple financial systems including Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Extended Spread Sheet database (Essbase), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise (OBIEE), Microsoft Power Pivot and Power View and EBU Finance Reporting Website (SAP Business Objects Dashboard).
-Contributed to strategic decisions for EBU finance systems and represent EBU perspectives at corporate-level strategy.
- Implemented new company-wide GL, AP, and AR OBIEE Finance Reporting solution for Oracle 11i and R12 financial for EBU users.
- Supervised one direct report and one intern.
- Analyzed DBU spending patterns worth up to $1B to recommend cost-saving strategies.
- Assisted strategy director in leading broad scope finance functional excellence work.
- Designed and implemented new functional based financial data structure into HFM by using 6Sigma tools.
- Overhauled managerial reporting structure for DBU, enhancing consistency of financial reporting.
- Served as controller for functional leaders and managed budget up to $30M annually.
- Created ad hoc reports and analysis as needed for DBU leaders, including Finance Director, Executive Finance Director, and President.
- Assisted with preparation of variance explanations for monthly actuals and forecast packages.
- Collaborated with the regional controllers for Africa, Europe & Middle East for addressing business variances and issues for DBU corporate management.
- Completed two Six Sigma projects to improve global DBU inventory forecasting and account receivable processes that resulted in cost-savings of $800K.
- Conducted an international pre-audit of new system-implementation protocols and reconciled financial with the legacy system data.
- Consolidated 5- year Business Simulation to analyze the growth trends across the five international regions.
- Reconciled all capital spending against approved capital requests.
- Built a comprehensive driver-based valuation model for a new engine.
- Automated forecasting and annual planning processes by utilizing the new financial systems across five regions.
-Reported monthly supply chain management with the inventory actual and credit manager with account receivables for past dues and trend analysis.
- Learned BKD's audit approach for internal controls, cash, accounts receivable and payable.
- Participated in inventory counts, tested accounts receivable aging schedules for accuracy and reconciled accounts payable.
Women Network Resource Group (WNRG)- Humana 2016-Current
Lean In Louisville - 2016 -Current
Co-lead IUPUI Recruiting- 2013-2015
Right Environment Communication Leader – DBU, Feb. 2012 - Feb. 2015
Summer Leadership Program & Diversity Leadership Summit - Ernst & Young, Indianapolis & Chicago, Jun. 2009
Treasurer-Kelley School of Business Undergraduate Student Government (KSBISG) IN 2010
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: