Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Accomplished Chef specializing in American cuisine with over 7 years of experience of increasing responsibility in culinary arts and kitchen management. Expertise in menu planning, inventory management, and optimizing food preparation and production functions while continuously improving kitchen workflows. Successful in producing innovative menus that exceed diners’ expectations and motivate kitchen staff to continuously deliver world-class dishes. Seeking to take next career step with a team focused on consistently delivering high-quality service while encouraging innovation.
- Kitchen Management
- Menu Planning
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Policy Planning
- Staff Development and Leadership
- Process Improvement
- Work with Executive Chef to plan and direct daily kitchen operations and develop seasonal menus reflecting restaurants’ farm-to-table mission.
- Develop new recipes and standard techniques for food preparation and presentation; portion food and work with restaurant managers to establish sales prices.
- Collaborate with purchasing manager to replenish kitchen inventories; recommend suppliers and vendors to achieve quality benchmarks while controlling costs.
- Create policies and procedures to improve and measure quality, uphold sanitation and safety requirements, and track innovations in food preparation, equipment, and technical abilities.
- Facilitate inventory management and actualize internal controls to monitor stock levels and initiate timely replenishment.
- Manage hourly employees, including recruitment, training, scheduling, payroll, and tasking.
- Prepared, cooked, and served food while maintaining high quality standards for food preparation and presentation.
- Upheld company procedures and executed daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, and food labeling, dating, and storage.
- Assisted with acceptance and storage of deliveries; reconciled inventories received with purchase orders and reported damaged goods or discrepancies.
- Created and maintained safe working environment in accordance with OSHA standards, company policies, and regulatory requirements; removed hazards and identified equipment malfunctions.
- Set up, prepared, and presented work areas and food dishes in accordance with culinary practices.
- Assisted chefs in food preparation and helped run assigned station.
- Reviewed and accurately reproduced recipes to produce standardized dishes and sustain quality benchmarks.
- Maintained cleanliness of all kitchen areas, and assisted kitchen staff in cleaning, storing, and maintaining all kitchen equipment, supplies, and food inventories.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Commis Chef job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Commis Chef resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.