Use this professional created Welder job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Welder is a specific job in the field of manufacturing that is often a vital part of the product creation process. Welders are tasked with reading the blueprints, calculating welding dimensions, and carefully welding whatever is necessary. They must be familiar with manufacturing safety precautions and may be expected to perform cutting, soldering, or brazing duties as well. To attract talented welders, focus on creating strong welder job descriptions.
In order to avoid injury, welders must have both mental and physical dexterity. It is vital that they have spatial awareness and a strong attention to small details.
In the physical sense, welders must be strong and have great stamina and excellent manual dexterity to succeed. Welding torches can be very dangerous in the hands of an inexperienced worker.
Welder Job Description Template
A professional welder works with a variety of materials to fabricate new parts, equipment, construction elements, and much more. Skillful handling of many types of metal as well as numerous fabrication tools are an essential part of the opportunities you would find while working with us. An ideal welder like you will work steadily on your own with minimal supervision and will often work in a team environment as well. Taking directions and giving instructions to others are essential skills we are looking for in a prospective candidate like you. With training and some specialty education, you can find accelerated success in many different professional welding arenas.
- Fabricate new metal components in accordance with product data sheets and in compliance with all applicable standards of safety and performance.
- Repair metal components in order to restore full functionality and safety performance.
- Solve problems and develop innovative solutions to novel situations that require a fresh approach while still maintaining required standards of safety, stability, and security.
- Maintain tools and equipment to a professional standard. Keep work station clean and orderly to retain a safe and operational work environment.
- Coordinate workflow with other members of the team and third-party agents.
- Execute particular welds in a professional manner, examine work pieces for defects, and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Work independently or with a small team of other welders to complete large and complex projects. Manage workflow, meet deadlines, and troubleshoot problems on a daily basis, in addition to fabrication duties.
- Employ physical strength and endurance to complete all welding tasks.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to execute basic welding techniques
- Ability to read and follow a product data sheet, specs sheet, and other product informational material
- Familiarity with welding equipment and workshop safety protocols
- On-the-job experience
- A work history reflecting successfully finished projects