Use this professional created Printing Press Operator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
In the field of manufacturing, it is important to hire workers who are prepared to operate each unique machine specifically. Printing press operators are responsible for setting up and operating printing presses on a daily basis, including digital, letterpress, and lithographic printing presses. The first step toward finding talented workers is to create strong printing press operator job descriptions.
Like any machine worker, printing press operators must know the general safety procedures required to avoid injury in a manufacturing environment. An attention to detail and good judgment helps prevent accidents.
Other skills that are vital for printing press operators include physical stamina and strength. Workers also need communication skills and detail orientation.
Printing Press Operator Job Description Template
Are you an energetic, self-motivated individual who loves working independently but can also work well with others? If so, we would love to have you join our team as a motivated printing press operator! As an adaptable, results-driven individual who takes pride in your work, you will love our upbeat environment that offers steady work, competitive benefits and plenty of team support. Enjoy the rewards of great starting pay, long-term stability and opportunities for growth as you interact with our fun and lively team. If your goal is to work in a fast-paced environment that is always interesting and dynamic, apply today!
- Review job orders to determine any special printing instructions, stock specifications, colors or quantities to be printed.
- Collect random samples and inspect them during print runs to determine if any adjustments need to be made and make adjustments as needed.
- Fill ink fountains and purchase or mix inks throughout the week as needed. Adjust flow rates of ink fountains to achieve the desired flow amount for each press run.
- Start presses and check proofs for ink alignment, registration, density and coverage. Make adjustments as needed.
- Load paper onto presses, making adjustments when necessary to accommodate various paper sizes. Adjust printing plate tolerances to meet the desired parameters for each press run.
- Clean printing unit cylinders, plates and ink fountains at the completion of each press run.
- Monitor and respond to error, alert or fault messages on automated press operation systems; make minor repairs to oil presses and other equipment as needed using hand tools.
- Feed paper through press cylinders, adjusting tension and feed controls as needed.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to pass a standard background check
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance on a frequent basis
- Experience working efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous wide format or CAD table printing experience preferred