A resume objective is the first thing that a potential employer reads. When applying for a Bus Driver position, it is important to include your skills and experience in your objective statement to paint a picture of you as an employee and to show employers your capabilities. In your objective, clearly state your goal of working as a Bus Driver for a particular company, what you will provide for them and why you are clearly the best candidate.
What the Bus Driver Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
As a Bus Driver, you are responsible for the safety and satisfaction of all of your passengers. You must have excellent driving skills and remain attentive to the road. Bus drivers operate different types of buses, including tour buses, school buses, commuter and public transportation buses and commercial buses. They must have the ability to adjust their driving depending on traffic and weather in order to follow their designated schedules precisely. Highlight your particular experience as well as your accomplishments and skills in your objective statement and include your abilities that make you a successful bus driver.
Sample Bus Driver Resume
State your goals, skills and experience in an orderly, clear and confident matter in your objective statement. Also, it is important to include the company name that you are applying for to show your interest to prospective employers. Here are a few objective statement examples:
1. Looking to secure a position as a Bus Driver with (company name) that incorporates exceptional driving skills with attention to safety and the ability to follow directions and schedules precisely.
2. Attentive, safety-enforcing individual with 5+ years as a highly experienced bus driver seeking to secure a position with (company name).
3. Highly experienced Bus Driver with exceptional driving skills and the ability to maintain safety and follow schedules looking to obtain a Bus Driver position with (company name).
4. Obtain a position as a Bus Driver for (company name) that will utilize attentiveness and driving and safety skills.
5. Searching for a Bus Driver position that will allow the use of exceptional attentiveness, experienced driving skills and the ability to follow schedules with (company name).
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Knowledgeable Substitute Teacher committed to sharing knowledge and adapting lessons to allow children to succeed. Well-educated in identifying instructional methods and materials and creating classro...
9 yrs 10 mo
Reliable employee with 18 years experience driving a school bus. Certified Driver Trainer for 11 years teaching adults how to safely operate a school bus. Experience with difficult situations and prob...
22 yrs 3 mo
Professional School Bus Driver with over 10+ years of successful experience in special needs and passenger safety. Excellent reputation for resolving problems and improving customer satisfaction. Prov...
10 yrs 10 mo
Alert Bus Driver well-versed in technology-based navigation and mastery of printed maps and local transportation routes. Maintains order and proper discipline of passengers. Adapts to changing circums...
20 yrs 2 mo
Successful bus driver, Consistently meets or exceeds goals through insightful decisions. Demonstrated relationship-building, time management and multitasking abilities honed in fast-paced transportati...
4 yrs 2 mo