Detail-oriented Veterinary Technician proficient in handling various pet breeds and temperaments. Offering 2 year background conducting pet examinations, maintaining animal care records and preparing animals for surgery through relevant experience and specific expertise in anesthesia, surgery, and pathology in large animals. Recognized for dedication to excellent animal care and client service.
• Technical Duties – accurately collect and perform routine laboratory procedures, dispense medications, place IV catheters, take radiographs, and assist in surgery, as needed.
• Patient-Treatment – prepare and administer oral medication and injectables. Comfort and restrain pets during examinations and care.
• Patient Nursing – maintain hospitalized patients and perform scheduled procedures or treatments as needed per ICU records, monitor anesthesia, assist in surgery, obtain vitals, and monitor patient conditions.
• Medical Records – enter medical notes and vital signs into patient records, create estimates of charges for medical plans, make notes in patient files of phone or in-person conversations.
• Communication – assist answering the phone, obtain and record patient histories and treatment, accurately relay patient information, and educate clients.
• Routine Procedures – perform venipunctures, give injections, nail trims, suture removal, ear cleanings, and fluid therapy
• Clean, sterilize, and maintain kennels, operating rooms, examining rooms, cages, and surgical equipment.
Job Titles Held: