Multi-talented customer/patient service professional, excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure. Broad industry experience includes Healthcare, Procurement, and Call Center environment work. More than 20 years' progressive experience in providing top-quality customer service combined with extensive third party insurance knowledge and ability to work across several programs and databases simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills with the capability of communicating with patients from all different backgrounds as well as internal and external colleagues and clientele.
• Established and maintained patient rapport by utilizing quality customer service.
• Addressed patient inquiries and updated database information.
•Set appointments with patients.
• Acted as first point of contact and provided patients with scheduling information.
• Handled complaints and questions, and re-directed calls to other team members as appropriate.
• Answered phone calls, answered questions from patients and verified appointment details.
• Assisted internal staff with clerical and administrative needs to maximize efficiency and team productivity.
Checked in patients prior to registration via electronic check-in system.
•Registered and pre-registered patients for a variety of laboratory and radiologic tests and studies.
•Utilized computer systems and web-sites such as Navinet, Passport, E-care, OneSource, and Athena (an e-scripting system).
•Interviewed patients during the registration process and prepared standard registration forms.
•Obtained and verified patient insurance information, ensured that all patient demographic information was up to date, and collected patient copays.
•Communicated effectively to service delivery areas to maximize patient flow and customer service.
•Provided quality and consistent patient focused customer service at all times.
•Checked scripts for completeness and accuracy.
•Consulted radiology schedule against patient orders to ensure that orders entered matched the patient's scripts.
•Assessed the nature of walk in visits in both the laboratory and radiology departments.
•Preformed E-script and referral retrievals via Navinet and ran Medicare compliance checks.
• Greeted patients as the initial point of contact and guided them through an easy, seamless, and personalized registration process in a busy hospital laboratory and radiology environment.
•Verified and updated demographic and insurance information.
•Maintained being held to a standard average of no more than 10 minutes per registration.
•Interpreted physician orders containing medical terminology and scanned insurance cards as part of the registration process.
•Ensured that scripts contained all needed documentation (such as correct diagnosis codes, procedure, and physician signature).
•Assessed the nature of walk-in visits.
•Proactively coordinated with fellow co-workers to ensure that all patients experienced aprofessional and effective visit as well as the highest level of customer service.
• Registered and pre-registered patients for a variety of laboratory and radiologic tests.
• Learned and worked within custom hospital applications, coding assistant systems, scheduling systems, and performed e-script retrievals via Eclinical.
• Underwent central scheduling cross training for a variety of radiologic procedures.
• Verified patient insurance eligibility for services being rendered via Passport and Ecare.
• Inquired about the need for a referral, preapproval, or precertification for radiologic procedures.
• Performed referral retrievals via Navinet and called physician offices to request them.
• Communicated with physicians and their staff on a daily basis via phone and written correspondence to resolve any script issues that arose.
•Served as initial and single point of contact for patients via phone in busy call center environment.
•Easily averaged 60 calls a day.
•Assisted in insurance verification process.
•Demonstrated compassion and professionalism while addressing patient inquiries and procuring initial contact information such as demographics and insurance.
•Confirmed that accurate patient information was on file, assisted in entering scripts into system, and underwent cross training on prior authorization procedures.
•Updated patient's accounts.
•Frequent and concise communication was made with fellow co-workers via account notations.
•Progressed to a senior level Customer Service Representative based on exemplary performance, excellent customer relations abilities, and accounts management.
•Served as a procurement specialist/customer service representative for GSA Global Supply in a busy call center environment.
•Took a minimum of 60 calls daily.
•Entrusted to handle specialized ordering procedures for State Department customers and various American Embassies around the world.
•Processed numerous 6 and 7 figure orders including one totaling over $200,000 to stock the new American Embassy in Baghdad.
•Served as clients' first line of contact via phone, fax, and e-mail.
•Received, responded to, and tracked customer orders and requests.
•Acted as a valuable resource for colleagues with less experience.
•Took part in campaigns to ensure customer satisfaction.
•Empathized with customers while effectively working to resolve their issues.
•Educated customers regarding products and services that were offered.
•Provided internet, fax, and e-mail order status updates as requested.
•Performed various clerical duties as needed including filing and producing back-order reports.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: