- Qualified Professional DBA seeking a position that includes projects requiring state-of-the-art, software, and hardware components with a creative technology-driven organization in an environment encouraging innovative thinking, recognition, and career development
- Versatile in establishing client relationships for understanding their business processes, user tasks & goals; analyzing and defining requirements to ensure efficient and cost-saving technological solutions to meet and exceed the client's needs
- Results-driven Network Administrator with experience in back-end programming, relational databases and development/maintenance of complex and critical systems.
- Personality Traits: Strong motivational and leadership skills; excellent communication skills in written and verbal; ability to produce the best result in pressure situation; ability to work in team as well as individual.
-Over SIX years experience within IT Industry working as a Professional DBA in OLTP and DSS environments mainly using Oracle Database 11g/10g/9i.
-Excellent experience in Installation and Configuration of different databases on Operating Systems UNIX and Windows platforms.
-Successfully completed various projects involving ASM Setup, RMAN Backup and Recovery, Data Guard implementation for real time Disaster Recovery, Installation, Configuration, Database Upgrades using Data Pump utilities and quarterly Patching, Migration, Cloning, and Performance Tuning by the usage of AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning Advisor, indexes, tablespace compression, I/O minimizations through hardware RAID and other load balancing techniques.
-Experience in several tools management such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (or EM), TOAD and SQL Developer.
-Over FOUR years experience with Oracle RAC 10g/11g implementation and environment.
-Provision of 24x7 Remote/On-Call production supports.
SQL Language, PL/SQL, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Flashback, Windows OS, Linux Shell Scripting, Oracle ASM, GNU/Linux OS, C++, C and Java, DNS/Bind configuration
Tools, Utilities, and Applications
SQL*Plus, Data Pump, AWR, SQL Loader, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Grid Control Management, TOAD, Oracle RMAN, Adobe Fireworks, Microsoft Office, Visio, Virtual Box, VMware
|Skills||Experience||Total Years||Last Used|
|Oracle 11gR2/10g/9i, Agile||Professional||6||April 2015|
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g R1 RAC using NetApp & NFS for storage, conducted bi-weekly cold backups using Linux lvm snapshot and NetApp snapshot for disaster recovery to offsite location
- Configured Oracle database server to connect to non-Oracle systems like MS SQL server and MySQL databases in a fully heterogeneous environment
- Upgraded Oracle 11gR1 to 11gR2
- Performed disaster recovery and provided recommendations to senior management for implementation
- Performed database performance tuning activities using tools like ADDM reports and SQL tuning advisor
- Supported research efforts in Oracle replication technologies like Data Guard
- Automated database administration routines, e.g. backup and recovery, data pump export/import activities, schema refresh from different sources, creation and disk usage monitoring
- Designed and implemented Oracle user audit collection and led the DBA team by architecting data flows to the presentation tiers for senior management
- Analyzed database research results and documented findings
- Database Architecture and ASM (Initialization parameter setting for ASM database instances, ASM disk groups administration)
- Recoverability configuration using multiplex archived log file destination, retention policies, Flash Recovery Area
- Performing User-Managed Backup and Recovery (of control file, redo log groups, password file, complete and incomplete database recovery)
- Utilizing RMAN for Backup and Recovery using Recovery Catalog and database duplication
- Managing resources using profiles, roles, privileges, and resource plans.
- Managing memory by implementing AMM, ASMM, and configure SGA and PGA
- Managing database performance using SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Access Advisor
- Space management
- Diagnosing the database using Automatic Workload Repository (setup, use of workbench, and perform block media recovery)
B.S. Health System Management, University of Baltimore 2014
B.A. Accounting, University of Yaoundé, Cameroon 2009
M.S. Applied Information Technology (Concentration in Software Engineering), Towson University (In Progress) expected graduation Dec 2015
Oracle Certified Professional 11g
- Volunteer for American Red Cross Washington DC Chapter
- Member of Jubilee Association of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, MD
- Database Management Systems: process of database development, including data modeling, database design, and database implementation
- Software Engineering: Software processes, requirement elicitation and analysis, system modeling, various aspects of software design such as architectural and detailed, implementation issues, software testing, and evolution of large and complex software systems
- System Development Process : Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design and implementation of information systems
- Enterprise Architecture: enterprise-information system architectures including software systems, hardware, operating systems, databases, component technologies, networking, architecture patterns, and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: