Detail-oriented and knowledgeable medical assistant skilled at completing patient-facing and office-based tasks by applying strong multitasking and organizational abilities. Independent worker with extensive medical experience and fastidious nature dedicated to optimal patient care.
* Worked in multiple clinics including Urology, Pain Management, Heart and Vascular, Pulmonology, Integrative Medicine, and Family Medicine, proving my ability to multi-task
* Utilized my skills in starting IVs for procedures. Administered IM injections and immunizations
* Performed a skill set in drawing labs and proficiency in a lab setting
* Completed my license for my AMMA to assist with refilling medication as well as medication reconciliation
* Assisted the physicians in procedures, such as cystoscope, vasectomies, radio-frequency ablations, epidural steroid injections, and etc. Supported duties for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus.
* Scheduled patients and managed providers schedules.
* Exhibited exceptional communication skills through triaging phone calls.
* Displayed leadership qualities through training new hires.
* Conducted preliminary evaluations, including measuring weight, temperature and blood pressure, and documented results with accuracy.
* Kept medical supplies in sufficient stock by monitoring levels and submitting replenishment orders before depleted.
* Supported duties for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures, such as setting up and operating special medical equipment and apparatus.
* Explained procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and increase patient cooperation.
* Sanitized, restocked and organized exam rooms and medical equipment.
Emergency Room Tech
* Proficiently performed EKG's, CPR, and IV insertions.
* Preformed front end duties such as answering phones, verifying appointments, chart upkeep, telemetry monitoring, registering patients, discharging patients and scheduling as needed.
* Assisted EMS, Physician, RN and Urgent Care staff with patient treatments and orders.
* Preformed daily duties of vital signs, patient turns, charting, and other requested tasks.
* Collected co-pays obtained signatures, and verified insurances of the patient.
* Registered patients for labs, OB deliveries, and sleep studies.
* Demonstrated my ability to work quickly and accurately under an intense environment.
* Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic equipment according to manufacturer and facility standards
* Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment supplies
* Prepare procedure rooms according to the proper procedures
* Maintain and repair endoscopic equipment. also send out the equipment to be repaired if needed
* Position, transport, and prepare the patient for the procedure
* Assist the physicians and nurses in performing the tasks during the procedure
* Attend in-service training to validate or refresh basic professional skills
* Collect specimens and biopsies from patients
* Place devices, like blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeter sensors, nasal cannulas, surgical cautery pads, and cardiac monitoring electrodes, on patients to monitor vital signs
* Developed the ability to problem solve, multi-task, pay attention to detail, prioritize, communicate effectively and work as part of a team
* I also worked in Ambulatory Services before moving to Endoscopy. I assist in Ambulatory when needed on occasion.
* I also perform EKGS and collect urine samples out in Ambulatory Services when needed. Along with that I am trained and perform IV insertions.
* Assisted OB Clinical Nurse supervisor in identifying needs.
* Provided assistance to surgeon during operations.
* Contributed in diminishing the effect of trauma and infection on patient.
* Supervised and ensured sufficient stock available in C-Section and L&D rooms.
* Maintained aseptic instruments and followed sterilization techniques.
* Sterilized sponges, needles and other medical instruments
* Tested equipment and supplies and expiration dates of supplies.
* Installed and monitored emergency equipment.
* Admitted patients and guided them to the suitable room.
* Moved patients to delivery room and postnatal room when indicated.
The Guatemala Project
*Volunteered in disadvantaged areas of Guatemala
*Provided necessary tools to allow communities to maintain clean water
*Distributed school supplies to local students
*Assisted in the local hospitals
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: