Medical front office assistant's work encompasses many tasks such as greeting patients.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Performing clerical duties.
• Managing insurance and billing.
• Providing medical procedural support
•CPR certified Mental Health WorkerFront Office Assistant with extensive years of experience working with various health-care clients.
Assessed mental and physical conditions of clients by consulting with professionals, conducting interviews and completing Helped clients deal with substance abuse, mental illness and other concerns by delivering personalized counseling support.Mental Health worker Assistant
• Counsel clients in individual or group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental or physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
• Provided support and managed calendars, coordinating meetings, appointments and travel.
• Keeping track of patient data over multiple visits.
• Reading and analyzing patient records.
• Process insurance claims within the medical office setting
• Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
• Collaborate with counsellors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
• Using codes to bill insurance providers.
• Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising.
• Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
• Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean. Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies. Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
• Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
• Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
• Set up medical laboratory equipment.
• Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
• Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic. Schedule appointments for patients.
West Coast Clinical Trials, Cypress, CA
Apr 2015 - May 2015
• Prepare reports and maintain records, attendance
• Follow proper safety and emergency policies and procedures as set forth by WCCTG. Perform basic medical front office duties, including but not limited to: Welcoming study participants, answering or referring inquiries, and recording and/or collecting study participant information, verify volunteer's information update to most current, have study specific charts ready for each day.
• Vital signs, electrocardiogram, height, weight, specimen collection, meal distribution, pulmonary function tests, check in/out of volunteers, etc.
• Assists with the floor set up for study procedures. May also assist with other preparation and setup of work area (ex. Make beds, assemble/disassemble cots).
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: