Self-motivated and multi-faceted
healthcare professional with quantifiable history of improving sterile
environments for hospital operating rooms and other departments that rely on
sterile goods. Demonstrated ability to supervise a team through leadership, employee
development, training, and mentoring. Proven capability in identifying and
implementing operating procedures that improve accuracy, efficiency, and
Education and Training
Danbury Hospital School of Surgical Techology 1999Dipolma: Surgical TechnologyDanbury, CT, USA
Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution2004Certificate: Sterile Processing and Distribution Supervisor
Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution2010Certificate: Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor
- Amy Korn Award for achievement during surgical technology program
- Surgical technician preceptor award for three consecutive years
Worked collaboratively with O.R. leadership to eliminate use of flash sterilization
Work closely with clinical specialists and surgeons to build new or revise surgical sets and pick lists
Effective oral and written communication skills with co-workers and internal and external customers
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, instrumentation, and sterile processing procedures and equipment
Proficient use of ABACUS Instrument Tracking System
Skilled at concise and relevant presentation of information to managers, co-workers, and customers
No citations from JACHO
Meticulous recording keeping for sterilization monitoring and quality assurance protocols
Computer literate and proficient use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Good working relationship with vendors
Adept at implementing and following organizational and departmental policies and procedures
Excellent conflict resolution skills
Vassar Brothers Medical CenterDecember 2016 to CurrentCentral Sterile Processing Manager Poughkeepsie, NY
-Department Manager with 22 employees,three shifts, and 24/7 coverage in a 365 bed hospital.
- Level One Trauma Center
-Oversee services for busy twelve -room ,multi-specialty O.R. preparing case carts for next day surgeries with average of 45 cases per day
-Provide addition coverage to other departments , including Endoscopy, Material Distribution ,Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery,ICU, Cardiology Cath Lab
- Same day Surgery with addition five room O.R.
- daily communication and rounding with O.R. leadership to discuss staff levels ,problems with pick list, case carts , and upcoming surgeries.
- work closely with vendors to ensure timely arrive and preparation of loaners boats needed for cases.
-Manage duties of sterile processing technicians and schedule of staff appropriately to meet customer needs .
-Preform tasks of SPD technicians as needed .
-Regularly update department policy and procedure manual and abide by AAMI guidelines doe sterile processing standards .
-Oversee training of new employee and continuing education of SPD technicians.
-Reduce waste and remove unnecessary consumable goods from pick lists and department obsolete.
- Increase productivity and improve staff management by eliminating over printing and restocking unnecessary items .
-Fill in as a scrub technician/GI scope washer when O.R./GI is short handed .
- Over see code carts and all equipment.
Western Connecticut Health Network (Danbury Hospital)November 2003 to CurrentSterile Processing Department Supervisor Danbury, CT
- Department supervisor with 15 employees, three shifts, and 24/7 coverage in a 371-bed hospital
- Oversee services for a busy sixteen-room, multi-specialty O.R., including preparing case carts
for next day surgeries
with an average of 50 cases per day
- Provide additional services
to other departments, including Endoscopy;
Materials Distribution; Emergency Department; Labor and Delivery; Women's Health Center; Radiation
Oncology; ICU; General Surgery Office; Vascular Surgery Office
- Daily communication and
rounding with O.R. leadership to discuss staff levels, problems with pick lists and case carts, and upcoming cases involving special instrumentation and/or supplies
- Work with vendors to
ensure timely arrival and preparation of loaner boats
- Manage duties of
sterile processing technicians and schedule staff appropriately to meet
- Perform tasks of SPD
technician as needed
- Maintain ABACUS Instrument Tracking System
- Regularly update department policy and procedure manual and abide by AAMI guidelines for sterile
- Oversee training of new
employees and continuing education of SPD technicians
- Reduce waste and remove
unnecessary consumable goods from pick lists and department stock that are obsolete
- Increase productivity
and improve staff time management by eliminating over picking and restocking of
- Fill in as a scrub technician when the O.R. is short staffed
Western Connecticut Health Network (Danbury Hospital)September 1999 to November 2003Certified Surgical Technologist Danbury, CT
- Scrubbed within various surgical specialties, including General;
Orthopedics; Podiatry; OB/GYN; Neuro; Vascular; Thoracic; Plastics; Ophthalmology;
- Specialized in Urology
- Work independently and collaboratively toward a common goal with excellent prioritizing, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Picked next day cases and stocked supplies daily
- Worked closely with Central Sterile Processing as needed
- Inventoried and ordered urology supplies
- Served as preceptor for new employees and surgical technician