If you need to tidy up your housecleaner resume, you’ve come to the right place. Our housekeeping aide resume example can help you get a leg up on the writing process and decide which of your attributes to highlight. Keep in mind that aside from emphasizing your work ethic and eagerness, it’s also important to include all previous housekeeping jobs in your resume. Your application should reflect that you can perform a variety of cleaning and housekeeping tasks and that you are eager to help and assist where necessary. Interacting with guests and fulfilling any requirements they may have is also a key function of this job.
The resume examples below are designed to help you in creating your own housekeeping aide resume. Housekeeping aides perform a variety cleaning and housekeeping tasks in a hotel or motel to make guests feel more comfortable. With these resume examples, it’s easy to build a better job-specific resume faster. Just click on any of the templates to get started.
As with other areas, looking for jobs as a housekeeping aide can be challenging. Taking the right type of action and having the right mindset can help make the search easier.
1. While the internet is a great tool when searching for jobs, you should also get out from behind your computer. Make a phone call to past colleagues and meet potential contacts for lunch or coffee. Connecting with people in these ways can really make a good impression.
2. It is important, however, to maintain a strong presence on social media. Set up or redo your LinkedIn account, use Twitter to help find your target positions, and use Facebook to your advantage. Make sure you always have a professional and positive presence.
3. If you are new to the job search, take assessments to find out what your interests and skills are so that you can narrow in on specific jobs.
4. Keep an open approach when looking for jobs as a housekeeping aide. Although you may want to stay in the same industry or same position, there may be more choices if you consider switching industries or learning new skills for a different job.
5. Update your resume, especially if it has been awhile since your last job interview. Make sure you have added any new accomplishments and skills and that it is easy to read.
You resume is one of the most important parts of finding jobs as a housekeeping aide. You want it to be focused and concise, and yet include enough pertinent information to land you a job. No matter what type of job experience you have or what occupation you are searching for, the following tips will help you write a top-notch resume.
1. Keep resumes at two pages or fewer. Ideally they should be one page, unless you have years of work experience that should be highlighted and a number of skills that will help your job search.
2. Don’t include outside interests or hobbies on your resume. This is considered to be fluff and filler that is unnecessary.
3. Don’t list references on a resume, but do have a separate sheet that lists them so that they can be provided quickly when requested. You also do not need to add the phrase ‘references available upon request’, as it is widely known that you will provide them when asked.
4. Employment gaps are not favorable on resumes, so try to deemphasize them as much as possible. If you are able to do so legitimately, highlight project work, consulting work, graduate school, or self-employment to help account for the gaps.
5. If you have no paid work experience, you can use applicable skills from volunteer work, internships, research projects, or campus activity positions.