Use this professional created Massage Therapist job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Massage therapists improve their clients’ health and comfort by massaging the sore, tense, and injured areas of their bodies. They communicate with clients to pinpoint which areas are in need of attention, determine the source of discomfort, and choose the best massage techniques to apply to the situation.
Your massage therapist job description should mention the importance of proper training and licensing. Training programs teach massage techniques as well as soft skills such as how to ethically collect and keep sensitive information.
In addition to having the proper training, massage therapists must be able to communicate with their clients to determine their needs and goals. Providing massages can be physically taxing work, so applicants must also be capable of standing on their feet and crouching for long periods of time.
Massage Therapist Job Description Template
Are you passionate about using the healing power of touch to help others feel their best? As a compassionate and experienced massage therapist, you deserve to work for a company that will give you the support and freedom to deliver your best work. Our positive and rewarding environment celebrates your achievements and revolves around your needs as a self-motivated professional. Enjoy access to our consistent and loyal clientele, well-supplied environment and flexible scheduling that make it possible to make a good living doing what you love. If you would love to work for a company that recognizes your value and provides you with opportunities for upward growth, apply to join our aspirational team!
- Massage soft body tissues to relieve discomfort and provide treatment for injuries, wellness maintenance or medical conditions.
- Apply pressure to specific parts of the body with the hands and fingers to release muscle tension and bring relief from related symptoms.
- Discuss client concerns, medical histories and specific stresses or pains to develop the most effective approach to massage treatment.
- Travel to client homes as needed to provide professional massage services, or meet with clients in a professional setting.
- Develop personalized treatment plans for individual clients that specify massage types, treatment areas and treatment frequency. Consult with chiropractors, physiotherapists, psychologists, physicians and other healthcare professionals for help with treatment plan development.
- Propose final treatment plans to clients and implement them only after client acceptance and agreement.
- Refer clients to other professionals and therapists when appropriate and necessary to treat additional symptoms.
- Prepare oil blends for clients’ skin and perform other treatment techniques and therapies in addition to massage.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Hold current state massage therapy license
- Adhere to all current regulations and laws related to massage therapy
- Ability to handle sensitive client information with confidentiality
- Ability to pass a background check
- Commitment to receiving continuing education
- Customer service experience