Automotive Technician Resume Objectives
An Automotive Technician is responsible for inspecting, repairing and servicing a number of different cars, buses and trucks. An extensive knowledge of the hardware used for automobiles should be emphasized within the objective portion of your resume, and you should highlight any knowledge you might have in engineering and electronics.
What The Automotive Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An Automotive Technician needs to be capable of performing a number of services on an automobile, including testing components, adjusting brakes, performing routine maintenance services, installing additional accessories and rebuilding worn out assemblies. Knowledge of processors, circuit boards and other electronic equipment can be very valuable, so make sure to mention that within your objective. Being able to quickly identify the problem and come up with a solution is vital, so emphasize your expertise in critical thinking and decision making. You need to stay up-to-date on the latest information involving vehicles you may end up working on.
Sample Automotive Technician Resume Objectives
When writing your objective statement, you need to mention the name of the company you are applying for in addition to highlight your education and talents. This makes the hiring manager aware that you actually care about getting the position. Some example objectives you can customize include:
1. Obtain an Automotive Technician position at ABC company that can benefit from superb customer service skills and extensive knowledge in automotive repair techniques.
2. Looking for employment with ABC company as an Automotive Technician to employ experience in diagnosing automotive issues and repairing a number of different parts.
3. Seeking an Automotive Technician position at ABC company to repair different automotive parts, including clutch systems, brakes, engines, spark plugs and more.
4. Searching for a position as Automotive Technician at ABC company in order to use engineering and administrative skills.
5. A highly organized and dedicated individual with 10+ years of experience in troubleshooting and repairing a number of different vehicle looking for a position with ABC company as an Automotive Technician.
Skills To Put in an Automotive Technician Resume Objective
Many hiring managers spend roughly 10 seconds reading a resume before deciding whether to read further. That means they only end up reading the resume objective. You need to stand out from the crowd at the very beginning of your resume if you want a shot at a new job.
You need to understand what the most vital skills are to an automotive technician if you want a career in the field. You can get a sense of what those skills are from the company’s job description. You can also find plenty of examples online. However, here is a list of soft and hard skills any automotive technician should possess:
- High Customer Satisfaction Index from previous positions
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Proficiency with analytical and project management software
- Knowledge of how to use specialty wrenches, alternator testers, and pullers
- Ability to exercise great judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey information to customers
- Able to lift and move objects over 50 pounds
- Friendly demeanor
- Physical prowess to crawl, kneel, crouch, stoop, and bend to repair any vehicle
- Knowledge of how to work safely around loud noises and diesel fumes
- Excellent attention to detail
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.