Even though you’re in a fast job-growth market, that doesn’t mean you should pay any less attention to your resume than other occupations. Plus, as websites can be built and managed from anywhere in the world, more of these jobs will be outsourced to overseas workers in the near future. Unless the door is opened and you get an interview, you aren’t going to land the perfect job or secure the role that gives your career the boost needed to get to the next level. Knowledge of and experience with multiple programming languages and digital multimedia software is seen by employers as critical requirements. Thus, make sure you include this kind of information in the technical skills section of your resume. Additionally, with the growing importance of mobile, highlighting your ability to deliver responsive websites and mobile apps can separate you from the crowds of applicants. See our web developer resume example for more insights.
Web Developer Advice
A great resume is key for success as a web developer. The resume examples below are perfect way for developers and IT professionals to create their own standout resume, regardless of their level of experience.
Resume Tips for Web Developer
Whether you’re new to the area or it’s your hometown, finding jobs as a web developer can be a challenge. Be prepared to face the job market with determination and confidence with these tips on job hunting from the experts.
1. Find creative ways to get through to hiring managers. Whether this means contacting them directly with your resume or reaching them through tags on your Twitter account, pursue recruiters as you want them to pursue you.
2. Expand and grow your networking skills. More than ever, it’s critical to hone your abilities to make a good impression on business connections who may be the stepping stone to your next big job lead.
3. Don’t be lackadaisical about the quality and content of your online identity. It’s essential that you make sure that everything connected with your name online is something you’d want future employers to see.
4. Prepare yourself for the possibility of a lengthy job search, since this is what the economy is trending toward.
5. Follow up diligently and in a timely fashion. Whether you’re emailing a job lead contact or making a follow up call after an interview, don’t put this action off for too long or you risk being forgotten.
Web Developer Job Seeking Tips
Regardless of what industry you are in or where you are on your hunt for jobs as a web developer, a resume is your number one tool for advertising your skills and experiences. Follow these tips to make your resume the best that it can be.
1. Give your resume the gift of as sharp a focus as possible, accomplishing this with sections like a headline statement, a keyword summary and a summary of transferrable skills.
2. Use the situation, action, results model to talk about your achievements, detailing each step of the professional circumstances in which you have been successful as a problem solver.
3. List your job experiences in reverse chronological order, which is the order in which they will be of interest to the reader.
4. Avoid the word Ëœwork’, which is weak and overused. Instead, think of creative synonyms, such as Ëœcollaborate’ or Ëœachieve’.
5. Use concrete data and numbers to quantify your achievements, describing them in terms of how much money you earned or what percentage of clients you retained.