Web Developer Resume Examples
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Web Developer ?
Web developers build websites and conduct front-end and back-end coding of the website that enables it to function. A web developer has to keep the customer’s requirements in mind before building the website. The developer collaborates with other members of the team to produce the finished product.
Web developers have to make sure that the website is functional across web browsers and be constantly involved in the update and maintenance of the website. In 2019, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics determined there were 174,300 jobs in the United States.
What Makes This a Great
Web Developer Resume Example?
Our web developer resume example is written by our team of certified resume writers. They are aware of the IT industry standards and know what recruiter looks for in web developers. Let’s look at some of the advantages of our resume examples:
- Professionally written content: Our web developer resume example is created by our certified resume writers and clearly highlights the summary, personal information, educational qualifications and professional certifications. Using our Resume Builder allows the user to get benefits from the pre-designed and pre-written content by professional resume writers.
- Helps you select the best resume format: Our resume example above utilizes a combination resume format, which is perfect for a mid-career applicant who wants to focus attention on their skills and work experience in equal measure. For highly experienced professionals or those seeking entry-level roles, choosing a chronological or functional resume format, respectively, might be a better option.
- Shows appropriate resume templates: Applicants must choose a resume template that matches the tone of the industry. A colorful resume design might be appropriate for a role in a creative industry but not for a position in a conservative environment, like banking. Our Resume Builder offers a wide selection of templates so that you can choose one that meets your needs.
3 Web Developer Professional Summary Examples
The professional summary is the first thing that a recruiter will see on your resume. It gives a quick overview of your professional journey, skills, achievements and experience. Our Resume Builder provides the resumes with customizable summaries from our certified and professional resume experts. Here are some summary examples our builder might suggest for a web developer:
- Experienced web developer responsible for building up to a dozen building custom websites per quarter. Utilize different technologies like HTML5, CSS3 and Angular Framework. Goal-oriented individual and received several awards for outstanding performance in client projects.
- Highly professional and work-focused individual with more than five years of experience in developing websites and optimizing web functionalities. Leverage technical and problem-solving skills and efficient in creating dynamic and revenue-generating websites.
3 Web Developer Work Experience Examples
The work experience section is where you can show off your expertise and accomplishments to show recruiters your ability to meet the required demands of the job. Our web developer resume example shows you exactly how to craft this critical section. For more help, use our Resume Builder, which will offer you pre-written text suggestions, like the ones below, to help you write your web developer resume:
- Manage up to 20 websites applications, including regular enhancements, debugging, testing, and preparing documentation.
- Communicate directly with clients to gather website requirements and ensure web security standards meet their needs.
- Creating MVC applications and integrating with advanced functionalities like Agile and Scrum while also implementing business logic in web services and effectively writing clean and reusable code.
Top Skills for Your Web Developer Resume
More and more organizations are using applicant tracking systems (ATS) software to eliminate unqualified candidates from the applicant pool. Having a resume that contains the critical keywords recruiters seek will ensure that your resume passes through an ATS and is seen by a human recruiter. Your skills section is a great way to include these keywords on your resume.
- Experience in building visually appealing applications
- Code editing tools like Atom, Brackets and Sublime Text.
- Cross-browser compatible website building
- Testing and debugging skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Project Presentation skills
- Team management
- Critical thinking
Building Your Web Developer Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Web Developer FAQs
- How is a web designer different from a web developer?
- What are some personality traits of a web developer?
- Should I mention certifications on my web developer resume?
How is a web designer different from a web developer?
A web designer is responsible for the aesthetic design of the website and the experience of the website for the user. Web designers integrate user experience into their design, keeping in mind the branding, readability and topography of the website. A web developer takes these designs and turns them into a live and functioning website. They develop actual interfaces through which users interact with the website, and are responsible for the functionality of the website.
What are some personality traits of a web developer?
Web developers design features for the website and ensure the online security of the website. To be a successful web developer, one must be a strong problem-solver. They should have the ability to look beyond the normal and add features that can be helpful for future updates. Web developers must be flexible and able to keep abreast of changes in technology. Above all, web developers need to be passionate about the job keeping in mind the overall experience they provide in the website.
Should I mention certifications on my web developer resume?
Always list relevant certifications on your resume. There are various certificate programs and training courses offered for web developers. If you have been part of these programs, mentioning them in your resume is essential as it gives recruiters a vivid picture of your abilities. Add necessary details like the name of the certification, certifying body and completion date. This might prove useful in case the recruiter is looking for candidates with particular certifications.