Maintenance Technician Resume Examples
Maintenance technicians manage the cleaning and maintenance of a business premises. Their major tasks include repairs, inventory management, building survey, and quality assessments. Apart from mechanical support, they also develop precautionary procedures and ensure safety standards in the facility.
Our maintenance technician resume examples are created by surveying the market trends that match your skills and expertise. Study them to see what recruiters look for in top candidates for the role.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Maintenance Technician?
A maintenance technician must have in-depth knowledge of tools and appliances. They perform general inspections and upkeep of the facility. They maintain HVAC installations, ventilation systems, safety alarms, dry vac systems, boilers, chillers and other machines.
Their duties and responsibilities depend on the size of the facility; for a small apartment facility, the maintenance technician handles all maintenance and repair work. For big manufacturing plants, there are maintenance technicians for different departments and equipment.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 1,516,400 general maintenance and repair workers in 2019, making this a competitive industry. The median annual wage for this role was $40,850 per year in 2020.
What Makes This a Great
Maintenance Technician Resume Example?
Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned maintenance technician, a well-written resume is key to landing the role you seek. Our team of certified resume writers understands the essential qualities a recruiter looks for in top candidates.
Study our maintenance technician resume examples to see what a strong resume looks like. Here are three ways our resume example can help you craft a better resume:
- Professionally written content: Written by a certified resume writer, our maintenance technician resume example shows you how to incorporate the most sought-after phrases and keywords into your resume. For more help, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written text suggestions for every section of your resume. Use the content as suggested or customize it to suit your needs.
- Resume format selection: Our resume example shows you a sample of which resume format might be right for you. The example above uses the chronological format, which is perfect for an experienced maintenance technician applicant. Job seekers with less experience should consider a functional or combination resume format.
- Industry-appropriate template: Choose your resume design to match the company to which you are applying. For more casual companies, it’s appropriate to use a colorful, creative resume template. However, for more conservative roles, applicants should choose a more traditional resume template troubleshooting for more conservative roles, like the one above, from our library.
3 Maintenance Technician Professional Summary Examples
The professional summary of your resume is your first introduction to a recruiter. It should list your most impressive skills and professional achievements to pique their interest. Our maintenance technician resume example, written by a certified resume writer, shows you what an effective professional summary looks like.
Here are three examples of professional summaries to guide you as you write your own maintenance technician resume:
- Maintenance technician with more than five years of experience, responsible for equipment maintenance in the warehouse and building apartments. Provided instructional training to entry-level technicians on how to troubleshoot equipment and implemented processes to meet standards of excellence in facility maintenance.
- Dedicated maintenance technician with eight years of working experience in observing production operations. Installed and assembled machinery parts for five years and collaborated with manufacturers and machine suppliers. Adept at tackling emergencies and completing tasks within the specified time.
- Highly skilled maintenance technician with 11 years of experience in writing technical manuals, maintaining documents, and diverse maintenance jobs. Fully compliant with the standard storage policies for tools and equipment. Proven track record of maintaining interiors and exteriors of the facility by adhering to city regulations and facility policies.
3 Maintenance Technician Work Experience Examples
The entries in your work experience section should summarize your tasks and responsibilities while also showing the hiring manager the impact of your work. To accomplish this, candidates must include measurable achievements and skills to land their desired position.
Our maintenance technician resume example shows you how. Study it to learn how to write your own or get inspired by these three additional examples:
- Successfully programmed and installed 100+ CCTV systems, repaired plumbing parts, monitor cooling systems, and replaced damaged circuits and modules.
- Trained more than 200 junior technicians over five years on sought-after hard and soft skills for the role.
Top Skills for Your Maintenance Technician Resume
Study our resume example or choose from the following skills:
- HVAC Certified
- Structural investigation
- Inventory management
- Operating with PLC/controls
- Safety-oriented mindset
- Organizational ability
- Great leadership skills
Building Your Maintenance Technician Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Maintenance Technician FAQs
- What are the educational qualifications of a maintenance technician?
- Which are the training and certifications required for the job of a maintenance technician?
- What is the work environment of maintenance technicians like?
What are the educational qualifications of a maintenance technician?
Maintenance technicians usually commence their career with on-the-job training. An entry-level individual should have a high school diploma in a relevant field. They can have specialization in building maintenance, instrumentation, or other industry-specific profiles. Having experience of two to three years as an entry-level or junior technician would get you more opportunities with better salary packages.
Which are the training and certifications required for the job of a maintenance technician?
Maintenance technicians can improve their career prospects by undergoing certain training and certification programs like Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician, and Certified Professional & Maintenance Manager. Professional certifications are a must to be a competitive candidate due to the increasing competition in the market. Taking basic courses on carpentry, electrician, or plumbing can also be advantageous to further career prospects.
What is the work environment of maintenance technicians like?
Maintenance technicians carry out maintenance and repair work both indoors and outside buildings and facilities. They work in a variety of environments, like hotels, hospitals, manufacturing units or apartment complexes. Their work involves standing for long periods, lifting heavy equipment, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing on ladders, and working in uncomfortable positions. They may also have to work during harsh weather conditions.