Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
These are some examples of well-crafted summary statements:
Maintenance technician with 10 years of freelance experience. Technically skilled and an excellent communicator. Personable and focused.
Maintenance technician with five years’ industrial experience. Skilled with pipes and tools. Quick learner and perfectionist.
Maintenance technician with three years of apprentice experience. Skilled with machines and tools. Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Twenty years of corporate experience
• Diligent and persistent troubleshooter
• Patient and curious
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Include skills that you think are relevant, but don’t stray too far.
• Use short phrases without periods.
• Don’t use more than eight skills.
Here are some of the skills that employers generally look for in maintenance technicians:
• Equipment maintenance
• Critical Thinking
• Operation monitoring
• Operation and control
• Equipment selection
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• List the dates of employment and decide between a consistent month and year or just year.
• Try to include between five and eight bullet points per major position you’ve held to emphasize your performance and achievements.
• Start from your most recent job and move backwards chronologically.
Here are some concise yet specific maintenance technician job descriptions:
• Fixed drain pipes underneath manufacturing plant
• Adjusted and maintained factory line machines
• Inspected factory floors for safety conditions
• Listened to clients and diagnosed problems
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• It’s all right if you had coursework that didn’t go toward a degree, just specify what and where you studied.
• Avoid listing your high school diploma unless it is your highest level of education.
• Include any relevant training, courses or seminars that have nothing to do with the standard schooling track.
Example of Education Section for Maintenance Technician:
Bachelor’s Degree: Industrial Engineering
Northern Illinois University Ð DeKalb, IL
Coursework: mathematics, structural safety
Additional coursework in communications
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative