Step 1: Writing Your Summary Statement
Summary Statement Example 1:
• Senior accountant with more than 12 years’ experience
• Experience in billings and collections
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Hyperion Enterprise, and Hyperion Retrieve
Summary Statement Example 2:
Accountant with six years’ experience preparing a wide range of financial documents, reports, and statements. Exemplify strong work ethic while preparing clear and comprehensive financial reports for executive-level management. Experience developing and implementing financial systems that improve proficiency and profitability.
Summary Statement Example 3:
• CPA certified in 2007
• 12 years’ experience preparing corporate, partnership, fiduciary and individual federal and state tax returns
• Experience counseling clients in tax related matters
Summary Statement Example 4:
Results-oriented professional accountant with a proven track record in consistently delivering accounting services that increase profitability. Exemplifies proficiency with latest accounting software. Management and supervisory experience.
Step 2: Writing Your Skills Section
• Keep things clear, concise, and easily digestible. Aim for five to eight bullet points.
• Specify your accomplishments and how you achieved them.
• Choose skills relevant to the position you are seeking.
Review our accountant resume template for Word along with the list of skills below to strengthen your own resume. Include some of these skills as well as a list of your own.
• Tax preparation
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Proficient at QuickBooks and Excel
• High level of organization; managed range of clients’ documents
• Provide professional accounting advice and assistance to corporate clients
• Analyze business operations, trends, and costs
Let’s Get You Hired
Create a professional resume in minutes with Resume Builder.
Step 3: Writing Your Work History Section
• It’s a good idea to include metrics to highlight your accomplishments at each job.
• Keep responsibilities brief. Use past tense for jobs you had previously and present tense for your current job.
• Make sure to list dates of employment. You can use month and year or just year as long as you remain consistent.
The accountant resume template for Word provides a guideline for formatting and presentation of information, and here are some excellent examples of points you can use.
• Collaborate extensively with auditors during preliminary and year-end audit processes
• Streamlined work procedures with automation software
• Provided bookkeeping for 10 stores
• Managed finances for corporate office
• Managed retirement funds for corporate full-time staff
• Balanced the books for 13 stores in Alabama and one in Kentucky
• Managed a staff of 30 employees
• Trained staff and resolved disputes
Step 4: Writing Your Education Section
• New York University / BS Accounting / 2005-2009
• New York-registered CPA since 2010
Microsoft Word Templates by Industry
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Transportation And Distribution
- Accounting And Finance
- Administrative Support
- Computers And Technology
- Food And Beverage
- Banking And Financial Services
- Beauty And Spa
- Community And Public Service
- Education And Training
- Law Enforcement And Security
- Manufacturing And Production
- Marketing, Advertising And Pr
- Skilled Trades
Microsoft Word Templates by Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Associate
- Outside Sales Representative
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Business Analyst
- Account Executive
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Physical Therapist
- Maintenance Technician
- Service Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Software Engineer
- Java Developer
- Line Cook
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Customer Service Representative