Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Dedicated Cost Accountant with solid experience providing accounting support to various operating groups and manufacturing plants. Strong knowledge of GAAP, relevant government regulations, internal controls, cost accounting methods, and cost modeling tools and methods. Demonstrated analytical skills and an ability to interpret complex data in meaningful and relevant ways to accurately identify variances.
- Develop and maintain accurate product costs
- Audit item costs, costing programs, and systems for accuracy
- Ensure rates are appropriate and are kept updated with changes in the business
- Coordinate proper cost absorption in inventory valuation
- Assist Sales Team and Pricing Analyst with proposals for new products and business
- Communicate variances and cost explanations to Management Team
- Evaluate key performance indicators (KPI’s) and communicate issues to Management
- Perform cost/benefit analysis for new projects and capital acquisitions
- Set standard costs for all products and directed the implementation of cost accounting methods and activities
- Oversaw the cost control systems, managed and interpreted cost audits, and prepared cost accounting reports for presentation to upper management
- Accumulated and applied overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Reported on breakeven points, margins, and periodic variances by products and work centers
- Investigated cycle counting variances and resolved issues, working with the production manager to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Recorded journal entries and accrued for costs in accordance with GAAP
- Prepared account reconciliations and budget comparisons
- Assisted Chief Accountant with month-end financial close and reporting
- Participated in multi-functional committees and task forces
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Cost Accountant job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Cost Accountant resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.