Accomplished professional with extensive leadership roles and responsibilities, including Charge Nurse in both inpatient and outpatient Oncology setting, Nurse Manager for outpatient Oncology practice, Nursing Unit Coordinator for outpatient Oncology infusion center, and interim Clinical Nurse Manager for outpatient Oncology service line. Highly qualified in the transition and opening of new outpatient cancer centers, standardization of competencies, policies, procedures, and workflows for outpatient Oncology setting, collaboration with multidisciplinary teams to meet the high-quality care needs of patients, and effective communication with administration and staff to achieve optimal organizational results.
· Successfully led team in the transition and opening of two cancer centers.
· Successfully integrated new electronic systems, including ECHO®, EPIC® and Beacon® to outpatient oncology setting
· Collaborated with interdisciplinary team to establish and create treatment and therapy plans in hospital-wide electronic system.
· Created outpatient nursing unit competencies and organized first Skills Day for outpatient infusion center.
· Successfully reviewed and revised standardized policies and procedures for cancer center.
· Selected, trained and supervised nursing personnel
· Routinely collaborated with interdisciplinary teams to ensure high quality patient care
· Created nursing productivity tool, and reporting nursing productivity daily
· Responsible for daily staffing and scheduling for both outpatient cancer centers.
· Successfully maintained regulatory compliance with JACHO® and Magnet®, and created survey readiness tool for outpatient setting.
· Chosen as unit representative for Magnet in all four designations.
· Leadership role in the hospital-selected outpatient Oncology LEAN program
· Successfully partnered with nursing, the multidisciplinary healthcare team, and hospital leaders to develop and maintain a quality environment to support professional nursing staff and ensure high-quality patient care.
· Successfully created and developed goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for assigned clinical areas.
· Responsible for the supervision, management, coordination, and provision of competent, compassionate, and efficient patient care, while demonstrating fiscal responsibility.
· Ensured compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
· Created "team" approach for the outpatient Cancer Center, to enhance patient care and employee satisfaction.
· Collaborated with interdisciplinary teams to coordinate crucial communication, and standardized workflow communication using the In-Basket messaging system in EPIC for all things relevant to the patient care process.
· Created Physician Workflow for Outpatient Cancer Center, led project to reduce treatment delays.
· Created new Charge Nurse role workflow.
· Led successful project to reduce patient wait times in IFC- changed workflow between Pharmacy & Nursing to a colored "Dot" system.
· Worked closely with Director of Oncology service line on HR procedures, union issues, disciplinary procedures, budgeting process, and hiring of new staff.
· Created Scheduling Guidelines and Infusion Times "cheat sheet" to improve patient scheduling process
· Managed private oncology/infusion practice
· Oversaw administration of chemotherapy and immunotherapy infusions/injections
· Successfully trained oncology nurses in workflow and safe chemotherapy and biotherapy administration, performed annual reviews
· Successfully provided and ensured high-quality oncology patient care
· Prepared monthly budget and productivity statistics
· Ensured compliance with all regulatory requirements
· Established clinic workflows and measures to evaluate clinical effectiveness.
· Successfully compounded and prepared all medications, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy
· Performed all patient education and chemotherapy teaching for all patients
· Ordered and tracked all medications
· Assisted MD with bone marrow biopsies and other clinical procedures.
· Established and maintained relationships with pharmaceutical representatives to stay current on al medications and procedures
· Worked as Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse on 32-bed Medical/oncology unit, providing safe, high quality patient care.
· Personal strengths included interdisciplinary communication, team-building and teamwork approach, participation in patient safety workflows, and patient assignment/staffing expertise.
· Successfully educated staff and maintained regulatory compliance.
· Highly skilled in chemotherapy/immunotherapy administration, and peripheral IV / port access.
· Joined the Preceptor/mentor program for new employees.
· Chosen by San Jose State University/ECH to be nursing student preceptor.
· CA State RN License #508681 September 2022
· Chemotherapy Biotherapy InfusionMarch 2023
· OCN®December 2023
· BLS (American Heart Association)March 2023
Leadership in Action Award Nominee, January 2019
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: