I have over 20 years of experience in the Early Education field. I am known for providing an excellent, enthusiastic, caring and respectful environment as a coach and trainer. Qualified, dedicated and passionate about contributing to the intellectual, emotional and physical development of young children. Enthusiastic Early Education Quality Coach, eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding for providing leadership, assessment, consultation, supports, and professional development to providers of early learning and care services. Capable Early Education Support Provider coach with demonstrated success in motivating staff and optimizing program operations across 7-year history of accomplishment in the Quality Preschool Initiative.
San Diego, CA. 11/2013 - Current
• Coached preschool staff to support the successful implementation of session-level Quality Criteria/Services.
• Collaborated with Agency Director, Area Manager, Site Supervisor, and/or Lead Teacher to implement professional development services to guide quality improvements.
• Planned and implemented workshops based on early learning and development, inclusion, family engagement and kindergarten transition, data trends and program needs.
• Provided preschool instructional staff and childcare providers with instructional and teacher-child interactions in use with classroom data, such as, DRDP trends, ASQ results, classroom assessments provided by Local Evaluator with targeted focus on children with special needs and Dual Language Learners.
• Prepared and presented training in early education environment and curriculum topics to program participants in individual and group setting using materials from California Preschool Learning Foundation or other available resources that promote developmentally best practices.
• Coached preschool instructional staff in activities that are age-appropriate and culturally and linguistically appropriate by integrating and connecting to California Department of Education Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Foundations, California Preschool Learning Foundations, California Preschool Curriculum Framework and California Preschool English Learners Guide.
Chula Vista, CA. 07/2006 - 11/2013
• Co-teaching, initiated and implemented a full inclusion, QPI dual-language program
• Collaborated with special education teachers and support staff to support with individualized education plans (IEP), comprehensive and speech and language observations
• Documented progress and performance utilizing Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP-R) and Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ)
• Implemented of Best Practices for instructional planning in response to students' instructional needs based on Preschool Foundations and Desired Results Promoted positive, professional relationships with staff and parents Implemented of All Aboard teaching pyramid based in Center on social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CESEFEL)
• Complied with Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale tool (ECERS), Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) and Quality Preschool Initiative requirements (QPI)
Chula Vista, CA. 07/2005 - 06/2006
• Provided support to sites, staff, parents, and children with disabilities using activities designed to promote social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth
• Assisted staff in making referrals for further evaluation services
• Discussed progress of children with teachers and assist in the development of an individual action/educational plan for children as needed
• Advocated as appropriate, for the rights of children with disabilities and their families
• Early Years Conferences. Presenter and/or facilitator. 2013-2020
• Quality Counts California (QCC) Coach Development and Certification. 2020
• Quality Counts California (QCC) Coach Ambassador. 2020
• 10th Annual Early Childhood Mental Health Conference – We Didn't Wait. Presenting an all English workshop and all Spanish workshop for the 1st time in all previous conferences. 2019
• Dual Language & English Learners Conference at San Diego State University. 2018-2019
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: