Diesel Mechanic Resume Examples
Diesel mechanics are responsible for repairing and enhancing the overall components of diesel-powered vehicles or equipment. In the United States, 90% of commercial vehicles currently on the road are powered by diesel technology.
With a growing preference toward renewable biodiesel fuels, the demand for diesel mechanics is expected to grow steadily over the next decade. Employers will continue to seek candidates with in-depth problem-solving, technology, and heavy machinery knowledge to excel at the job. Certified writers write our diesel mechanic resume examples to show you how to write a resume that will make you stand out from the competition.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Diesel Mechanic?
Diesel mechanics are expert technicians with a mechanical mindset and a passion for fixing things. They inspect, repair, and improve the efficiency of a diesel-powered vehicle or machine. Diesel mechanics usually work on trucks, farm equipment, shipyard, or marine diesel. They are largely employed in truck repair shops, wholesale dealerships, major corporation fleets, or leasing companies.
Candidates in this field usually gain on-the-job practical training after completing a high school diploma. Applicants may obtain certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence to enhance their technical knowledge and earn a top-tier job position.
What Makes This a Great
Diesel Mechanic Resume Example?
Our diesel mechanic resume example, written by a certified resume writer, offers job seekers looking to land one of these coveted roles a look at all the elements that make up a strong resume. Here are three ways our resume examples can help you write your own diesel mechanic resume:
- Professionally written content: As a diesel mechanic, you must emphasize important industry-relevant knowledge and professional skills to impress recruiters. Our certified resume writers know what recruiters look for in top candidates and write resumes that contain the most sought-after industry keywords. Study the example above to learn what belongs in each section of your resume. Or, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written text suggestions for every section.
- Helps you choose the resume format: Choose the resume format that will highlight your most impressive credentials. Studying our diesel mechanic resume example can help you choose the most suitable format for your experience level. LiveCareer offers a bevy of resume templates to choose from for job seekers who want a more eye-catching design.
3 Diesel Mechanic Professional Summary Examples
A compelling professional summary helps recruiters grasp a candidate’s skills and professional attributes. Our diesel mechanic resume examples emphasize the candidate’s career approach and professionalism to make an impact. Here are some expertly written summary examples for inspiration as you learn to write your own:
- Professional diesel mechanic with eight years of experience specializing in fiberglass body fabrication, electronic testing, and brake systems. Motivated laborer well-equipped at performing preventive maintenance and construction machinery operation. Familiar with all manners of repair work.
- Driven diesel mechanic focused on maximizing engine quality and performance. Detail-oriented with in-depth electronic and product specification knowledge. Ability to inspect and overhaul non-working engines. Proven record of accomplishing projects promptly and according to budget.
- Reliable diesel mechanic with four years of experience working on heavy load trucks and cars. Possess effective diagnostic and good customer service skills. Adherence to safety standards and company policy for repair and maintenance activities.
3 Diesel Mechanic Work Experience Examples
Your work experience section should be more than just a catalog of your work responsibilities. It should show off your unique skill set and offer examples of your measurable professional achievements. To learn how to accomplish this, study our diesel mechanic resume example to see how certified resume writers weave quantifiable skills and achievements into a resume.
Here are three additional examples to consider for your diesel mechanic resume:
- Placed +15 orders for parts per day necessary to complete vehicle repairs and installations.
- Utilized diagnostic equipment knowledge to identify problems while adhering to OSHA standards to enforce workplace safety and maintaining a 95% satisfactory rating.
- Honestly and thoroughly performed preventive maintenance on domestic cars, improving the shop’s return client list by over 25%.
Top Skills for Your Diesel Mechanic Resume
Diesel mechanics use their diagnostic abilities, problem-solving skills, and customer service training to repair diesel vehicles, build relationships with clients and develop a reliable reputation in the market. Our diesel mechanic resume examples are written by certified writers to show you the key skills hiring managers look for in top candidates.
Here are some skills to consider for your diesel mechanic resume:
- Diesel technology
- OSHA standards
- Electronic diagnostic report interpretation
- ARI, ALL DATA software proficiency
- Customer service experience
- Strong communication skills
- Dedication to honesty and integrity
Building Your Diesel Mechanic Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Diesel Mechanic FAQs
- What are the qualifications necessary for a diesel mechanic?
- What are the important qualities a diesel mechanic must mention in a resume?
- Which are the 5 top paying states for a diesel mechanic?
What are the qualifications necessary for a diesel mechanic?
Diesel mechanics typically require a high school diploma and extensive hands-on training to qualify as a professional. Candidates may opt for postsecondary education to learn about automotive repair, electronics, and practical exercises. A commercial driver’s license is often a required credential for the job. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence also provides standard licenses for diesel and other automotive service technicians and mechanics.
What are the important qualities a diesel mechanic must mention in a resume?
The skills section of a diesel mechanic must mention positive traits to emphasize your professionalism. A diesel mechanic has to be reliable, with diagnostic and interpretational ability. They must possess in-depth knowledge about diesel technology and engine repair. Candidates must list appealing character traits like problem-solving, dexterity, safety compliance to develop a recruiter’s interest.
Which are the 5 top paying states for a diesel mechanic?
The growing automotive manufacture using environment-friendly biodiesel fuel has boosted employment opportunities for efficient and qualified diesel mechanics. Their 2019 annual mean wage was reported at $50,360. States with the highest paying record for diesel mechanics include the District of Columbia at $64,730, Alaska at $63,440, Connecticut at $61,360, Massachusetts at $59,210, and Hawaii at $58,970.