Personal Caregiver Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Personal Caregiver job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Personal caregivers, also referred to as personal care aides, help people with limitations related to age and ability. They assist patients with everyday tasks and self-care, such as bathing, taking medication, shopping and cooking. Many personal caregivers also provide needed social interaction through activities like playing games and listening to stories.
A personal caregiver should be extremely patient and pleasant. In your personal caregiver job description, you should assert that you’re looking for someone with integrity who has strong interpersonal skills. Caregivers also must be strong enough to physically assist their patients, including helping them get in and out of bed or a wheelchair.
You should state whether you prefer someone who has completed a formal training program. Be sure to check which requirements caregivers must complete in your state.
Personal Caregiver Job Description Template
Join our team as a personal caregiver for the opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives during a difficult period. We pride ourselves on offering a customer-focused caregiving experience, and you will have the chance to use your interpersonal skills to provide superior care to your assigned clients. You will forge strong relationships as you provide basic services for your clients, including assisting with personal hygiene, physical activities and certain chores. You will become a valuable member of the care team of your assigned clients, coordinating with physicians, nurses, physiotherapists and other health care providers to ensure that the needs of the patient are provided.
- Provide clients with assistance as needed, including helping with bathing and other personal hygiene activities.
- Assist clients with certain physical activities, such as walking, getting into or out of bed, dressing and climbing stairs.
- Monitor aspects of the client's health under the direction of a registered nurse, doctor or other approved physician, including taking vital signs and administering medication.
- Maintain detailed records of services provided to each client that includes any progress or other changes in the health of the client.
- Take part in discussions about the client with the rest of the health care team, including the physician, nurses and others, as needed to determine the best solutions for client care.
- Perform agreed-upon household duties for the client, including running errands, light cleaning, cooking and laundry.
- Advise clients and families on alterations to the house or living environment for enhanced health, including nutrition, personal hygiene and sanitary living conditions.
- Provide counseling and care to families of the clients during stressful times, including adjustment periods for new lifestyles or a loved one's deteriorating health.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience as a caregiver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven customer service abilities
- High school degree or equivalent
- Course work or certification in caregiving or nursing assistance
- Current certificate in CPR/AED and First Aid
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Personal Services Job Descriptions