Use this professional created Quality Assistant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Quality assistants are responsible for ensuring that products in production meet the safety and specification standards necessary for them to be forwarded to the last production stage. They evaluate production environments to make sure conditions meet safety codes and advise responsible parties when these standards are not met.
Success in this field hinges on the ability to catch minuscule errors, so ideal candidates for this position are thorough and meticulous. Candidates must also be able to collaborate with other workers to develop solutions, so your quality assistant job description should emphasize effective communication and problem-solving skills.
Quality assistants should have at least an associate’s degree in business or a related field. It is also helpful if your candidates have training in the state and federal safety regulations pertinent to the types of products you sell.
Quality Assistant Job Description Template
Are you someone who takes pride in his or her work and has an eye for the finest of details? If so, we may have the perfect job opportunity for you as a new quality assistant at our facility. As a quality assistant, you can be one of the final set of eyes that evaluates the quality of our products before they get sent out to the customer. Your opinion and expertise can truly make an impact in this line of work, and you can help contribute to our organization’s constant improvement. If you are ready for a challenging and influential position, then you may be the person we are looking for.
- Analyze nearly finished product samples daily for quality, durability, safety and known product specifications before the final stage of production.
- Evaluate the materials routinely used during production, the work environment and components during production by running specific tests of quality.
- Seek answers and information regarding customer or in-house problems with product quality or performance by investigating all parts of the production process.
- Document quality assurance practices by entering data into logbooks, noting information in computer databases and recording all inventory and actions.
- Ensure that during all parts of the production schedule that the product meets all guidelines related to federal, state and local regulations that pertain to the industry.
- Communicate with management and other team members when problems arise and offer possible solutions to help correct any mistakes during manufacturing.
- Assess quality assurance strategies periodically to determine best practices and improvements that could lead to fewer problems and interruptions in the production schedule.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in this or another related field
- A fine attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Physical endurance and the ability to stand for long periods of time
- An understanding of all federal, state and local standards
- An ability to work well as part of a team or when working alone