Accountant Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Accountant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Accountants perform many financial duties including creating and reviewing financial statements, managing budgets, and filing tax documents. Depending on the organizational structure, an accountant may also assess company practices for efficiency and make suggestions to lower costs and increase profits.
Your accountant job description should reference the proper educational background, including CPA licensure if necessary. Accounting often involves collecting, organizing, and reviewing data, as well as performing calculations and budgetary projections. Because of the precise nature of accounting work, good candidates should be detail-oriented and have exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
Your job description should indicate important personality traits along with relevant technical proficiency. Accountants must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to engage meaningfully with managers and clients, as well as to present findings to diverse audiences.
Accountant Job Description Template
Are you in search of opportunities to advance your career in accounting? A senior accounting specialist position has recently opened in our staff, which we are looking to fill with a well-qualified individual dedicated to his or her craft and looking for an organization worthy of the same dedication. As our senior accounting specialist, you would be personally responsible for conveying all financial management information to our executive team. Such an opportunity could be a great way to increase your accounting skills through macro-level analysis. As ours is an ever-growing company, the potential is there for you to transition into a managerial role as future staff is brought on.
- Oversee all monthly payroll, accounts receivable and payable, tax payments, claim and invoice generation, and management of overhead expenses.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in regards to net revenue losses and gains, operating costs, travel and material expenses, and all other executive-level summaries for upper management to review.
- Manage and track all activity related to inventory, including sales and rentals as well as promotional use, and re-order products when volumes get low.
- Meet regularly with department heads to review budgetary allowances and expenses, and to ensure that each area’s financial records are reconciled by month-end.
- Attend department staff meetings and executive meetings to provide an accounting of department- and organization-level financial figures.
- Participate in annual review boards to analyze financial information for the prior year and make recommendations for improvements going forward.
- Work with internal personnel and (if needed) outside tax consultants quarterly to prepare tax forms for submission.
- Assist external auditors in reviewing processes and workflow by providing reports and supporting documentation, and by contributing personal knowledge and analysis.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or other related field from an accredited institution
- 2-3 years' experience in accounting or other role involving financial analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of corporate tax laws
- 5-6 years’ experience in accounting or other analytical role (including supervisory experience)
- Proficiency in all of the programs of the Microsoft Office suite
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Accounting and Finance Job Descriptions