Intensive Care Unit/ICU RN Resume Objective
As a registered nurse (RN) in an intensive care unit (ICU) your responsibilities may include assessing patient health needs, maintaining medical records, administering care to patients and developing and implementing nurse care plans. Your resume objective should show your qualifications in a confident, clear and concise way. This will encourage your prospective employers to continue reading your resume.
What the Intensive Care Unit RN Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Your resume objective should show prospective employers that you have the skills, goals and knowledge to do the job well. This means you should highlight any abilities that you have that pertain to being an ICU RN. These skills may include, but are not limited to knowledge of medicine, customer service, bedside manner, knowledge of human behavior, communication skills, desire to serve, critical thinking, problem sensitivity, reasoning skills, ability to work under pressure and the ability to work with others. You should also focus on your goals if you were to get the position. Your goals could be how you can improve the hospital or yourself.
Sample ICU RN Resume Objectives
In order to set yourself apart from the rest, you should make sure to specifically mention the hospital or company you are applying at. Here are some sample resume objectives for an intensive care unit registered nurse:
1. Motivated, caring individual looking to obtain entry-level ICU RN position with ABC Hospital that will help strengthen problem solving, communication and administration of medicine skills.
2. Searching for managerial Intensive Care Unit RN position with ABC Hospital using 10 years of RN experience along with ability to administer high-quality care that will benefit patients and Hospital.
3. RN wishing to obtain position in ICU at ABC Hospital in order to give top of the line care to patients and ease the troubled minds of families using 17 years of RN experience.
4. Patient, dedicated care worker searching for RN position in ABC Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit that will benefit from ability to perform under stress and knowledge of medicine administration.
5. Desire to bring ABC Hospital’s ICU care to new levels of customer service in an RN position using 5 years of experience, reasoning skills, problem sensitivity and knowledge of medicine.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.