Help Desk Resume Objective
Representing a growing need with the proliferation of computer technology, help desk workers provide technical assistance to users either in person or remotely. The position requires a strong knowledge of computers including hardware components as well as common software and operating systems. Help desk specialists must be able to troubleshoot and resolve problems effectively and often participate or lead in the training of computer users in an organization. Clear, confident communication is instrumental to this position, a quality which can be displayed with a well-written objective statement.
What The Help Desk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Help desk positions demand a comprehensive understanding of computer and Internet technology, so referencing your experience and knowledge are recommended. Discussing your interpersonal skills and communication ability are also good ways to illustrate to a hiring manager that you would interact well with existing staff. Highlight qualities which are beneficial to a problem-solving job such as critical thinking skills and possessing a calm demeanor. Job duties performed in similar environments can be beneficial as well, including clerical and office work, commercial tech support, and experience in telecommunications.
Sample Help Desk Resume Objectives
An effective objective statement is direct, touches on your best features, and displays a genuine interest in the company which you’re applying to work for. Reference the prospective employer by name to avoid the appearance of a boilerplate statement.
1. Obtain a help desk position with ABC Company which will benefit from extensive knowledge of popular operating systems and common software applications.
2. Experienced help desk technician seeks position at ABC Company that will allow utilization of five years of experience in computer sales and support.
3. Internet and technology expert seeks help desk position at ABC Company to utilize robust knowledge of modern computer systems and friendly, helpful demeanor.
4. Motivated individual seeking help desk position with ABC Company that will benefit from strong working knowledge of computers and wireless communication technology.
5. Seeking help desk position with ABC Company to employ four years of experience building and servicing computers and wireless networks.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.